Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Key Programmer

Old 04-09-2015, 12:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lightbulb Key Programmer

I bought a used 2013 Lariat and it came with only one key. I bought two blanks on eBay. Dealership or locksmiths want $100 or more to cut and program them with no guarantees. I think we can use a device called a "KEY PROGRAMMER" that costs around $130 to program them ourselves after getting the blanks cut. Looking here to see if anyone has tried this or would like to participate in a solution.
I see this programmer, online, [www dot xcardiag dot com/ ]
CK-100 V45.02 Auto Key Programmer

This thread is about using a Key Programmer device.
Since keys are so expensive, I would like to be part of a team in this forum that can provide reasonable priced key replacements for all members.
Thanks ahead for input and support.

Please don't hi-jack this thread with other "KEY" issues that are already answered in other threads or are not related to "Key Programming using a Device" Thanks!
Old 04-09-2015, 01:59 PM

Received 135 Likes on 122 Posts

Likewise, bought 2 programmable key from known eBay seller, had 'em cut at Ace Hdwe (free plug 'cus they did so at no cost), then followed programming sequence described in the owners manual. Easy peasy...

Edited to admit I overlooked OP's mention of having just one functioning key. Yes, two are needed to program new keys per owners manual.

Last edited by DirtDawg; 04-09-2015 at 02:59 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I don't know much about the device but I had just one key and the dealership charged me $114 for a new key (no cut needed since they know the key No.) + programming.
At this price there is no point in buying a programmer for $130
Once you have 2 working keys, you can program another few keys (instructions in owners manual).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Key Programmer