Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just removed the leveling kit...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 11:30 PM
Flatlander

Received 283 Likes on 197 Posts

Default Just removed the leveling kit...

Took the spacer kit off today. Basically there were some binding issues with the CV, and that was the culprit- I am throwing a 4" Rancho on shortly, but I need to finish out this brutal winter with my CV intact and save a little more cash. Balljoints were in perfect condition after 50,000KM and, in the techs own words "wouldn't hesitate to take your control arms and put them on any brand new truck on the lot". There was a chuckle, then a mention of "more ball joints and tie rods trashed from great big wheels and rubber than any leveling spacer".

So... Guys with a level... Relax.

This public service announcement brought to you by the letter F.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:29 AM
got mule?

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

I can't recall who it was, maybe you???...but were you having a grinding noise in 4x4? Mine goes in Monday for the left front and I half expect to get a call, "do you have a level kit..."

If you didn't have the grinding noise, what lead to finding out the CV was bad? And I gotta ask...what size level was it?
Old 03-08-2013, 08:17 AM
Flatlander

Received 283 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by scorpio333
I can't recall who it was, maybe you???...but were you having a grinding noise in 4x4? Mine goes in Monday for the left front and I half expect to get a call, "do you have a level kit..."

If you didn't have the grinding noise, what lead to finding out the CV was bad? And I gotta ask...what size level was it?
2.5" level- yeah it was grinding. After they swapped it all out it would bind in 4x4. In even minor turns, so enough was enough. It actually never used to do that until they fixed the hubs from a vacuum leak. Odd, but whatever.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:17 AM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

That sucks, I was a bit worried when I put on my bilsteins at the 2.25 mark. You know how it goes, you search and search so you go ahead with a mod then after you find all the bad stuff. Lol

Well I used 4wd yesterday in our little snow storm and it worked great, no strange noises. I'm a little more relieved now.

Hope the lift goes well.

Quick Reply: Just removed the leveling kit...