Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just had to cancel Siruis/XM....

Old 07-13-2014, 04:00 PM

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Just had to cancel Siruis/XM....

What a bunch of snakes. Six months ago my wife renewed our contract for 6 months. When she was asked if she wanted to keep the card we used on file she specifically said, 'No, I will call when it's time to renew. Send me a paper statement."

So, she goes online to check the bank account so she could go food shopping and she sees a charge from Sirius that was made today in the amount of $108.26. She calls them up and they conveniently can't find the account. They pull up some one else account. She gets frustrated and hands the phone to me; which was a mistake because I was livid. I immediately lay into the woman on the phone and she retorts with, 'Oh, you didn't know it automatically renews.', to which I replied, 'Of course I (colorful expletive) did. But when you're told NOT to keep the payment method on record that immediately gives you free reign to outright IGNORE a customer's request about keeping the payment method? As far as I'm concerned it was an unauthorized charge and I want the account credited and cancelled NOW!!"

I then had to go out to my truck and get the ESN number because these *******s couldn't find my account. It was under someone by the name Edward. WTF?!?! She then transferred me to the cancellation department who then couldn't find my account and I had to give him my ESN number again.

Then he has the ***** to ask, 'Well, if this unauthorized charge wasn't made would you have kept the account?' and I answered, "Probably. But you (colorful expletive) up and lost a customer over it. Good job."

Then he asks, 'Well, would you consider keeping it if we refund $19.26 and make the 6 month subscription $89?' I lost it.

"What the hell racket are you running over there? First you ignore a customers request not to keep the payment method on file and charge their account without authorization. Then you have the audacity to charge that person $108.26 for a six month subsription?!?! What the (colorful expletive)?!?!? No, if you want me to keep the account and I mean really want to keep a customer you can go ahead and credit my account the $108.26 and give me 2 years free. Otherwise (colorful expletive) off."

I'm a bit disappointed because both my wife and I love Siruis/XM we enjoy listening to the old radio serials the most and I would've definitely renewed the contract if they had a little tact in how they handle their customers.

For anyone else giving them permission to use their debit/credit card and don't want them to automagically renew even if you've told them not to keep the information on file. Do yourselves a favor and call them to make sure your information is not kept.

Last edited by TheTallest; 07-13-2014 at 04:03 PM.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:26 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Call the cc company and tell them it was an unauthorized charge and they will charge it back to them.

Reminds me of how AOL works(ed) at one time years ago, you call to cancel and they just keep charging so I canceled the card itself and got a new one.

Old 07-13-2014, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 4,124 Likes on 2,830 Posts

ive had auto pay with sirius since 2011 when i got my car unit...NEVER had any issues...and plan to add the truck to it when the 6 months is up
Old 07-13-2014, 04:43 PM

I don't have a problem with the auto-pay per se; if I had agreed to it in the first place. Which I didn't. What I do have a problem with is that they were told not to keep the account information on file and they did anyway. Then they proceeded to charge me without authorization.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:52 PM
Hightech Redneck

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

I've never had any problems with them, I just buy a new truck every time the free demo runs out
The following 3 users liked this post by BulletsForFingers:
osufan24 (08-26-2014), volsbear (08-27-2014), volvodoc (07-14-2014)
Old 07-13-2014, 04:53 PM

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

I've had to do charge backs on them. Some of them say you can set it up to cancel after the term is over. Then they auto renew you and the next person you talk to says they can't set it up to automatically cancel. They called me before the trial ended on my new truck. They're sending me a paper bill this time so there's nothing on file
Old 07-13-2014, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by BulletsForFingers
I've never had any problems with them, I just buy a new truck every time the free demo runs out
You buy a new truck every 6 months? Must be nice to have money.
The following users liked this post:
Nxtgen87 (07-14-2014)
Old 07-13-2014, 05:05 PM

Received 3,928 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by Apeman
I've had to do charge backs on them. Some of them say you can set it up to cancel after the term is over. Then they auto renew you and the next person you talk to says they can't set it up to automatically cancel. They called me before the trial ended on my new truck. They're sending me a paper bill this time so there's nothing on file
You should send them a money order so they don't have your credit card or checking account info.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called a few days before my wife's subscription expired and they offered me $25.99 for 6 months (which is what we had that just expired). A couple weeks pass and I get a phone call from their boiler room operation offering 6 months for $80 (about that don't remember exactly) Anyway told them no my wife says it isn't worth it to her.

They then say they are authorized to offer me 6 months for $25.99. I told the guy I could have gotten that the day I canceled and unless they are offering it for free I'm not interested and please quit calling. I'm sure I'm not done hearing from them yet. But really unless I'm traveling cross country it's not worth it to me.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:01 PM
Raptor Minion

Received 136 Likes on 105 Posts

I will never give Sirius/XM my business ever again because of that same business practice. I wonder how many people they sucker into renewing that aren't paying attention to their CC statements. It's unethical, greedy, and downright snakey. So when they call me to renew I just hang up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just had to cancel Siruis/XM....