Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ipod Classic Bluetooth adapter

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 12:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Ipod Classic Bluetooth adapter

I was looking into possibly getting a Bluetooth adapter for my iPod classic and was wondering if anyone has experience with this an the sync radio. I'm wondering about sound quality and how quickly it syncs once you start the truck. Thanks.

2013 Fx2
Factory Sony sync
Old 03-10-2015, 12:14 PM

Received 613 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by Stanleyj42
I was looking into possibly getting a Bluetooth adapter for my iPod classic and was wondering if anyone has experience with this an the sync radio. I'm wondering about sound quality and how quickly it syncs once you start the truck. Thanks.

2013 Fx2
Factory Sony sync
It's ok, I preferred hooking my ipod classic up with the usb cable, that way I could use the screen to select music.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:21 PM

Ive actually been using it with the cable since I bought the truck and it works fine don't get me wrong. But I like the idea of being able to use the wheel to scroll thru the music and also the ability to outside of my truck and be able to change the music.

Did you purchase an adapter for your classic?
Old 03-10-2015, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Stanleyj42
Ive actually been using it with the cable since I bought the truck and it works fine don't get me wrong. But I like the idea of being able to use the wheel to scroll thru the music and also the ability to outside of my truck and be able to change the music.

Did you purchase an adapter for your classic?
I tested my friends, I kept forgetting to turn off my ipod and the battery would always die. Range wasn't great either 3" away from the cab would cause distorting
Old 03-10-2015, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by kidastra
I tested my friends, I kept forgetting to turn off my ipod and the battery would always die. Range wasn't great either 3" away from the cab would cause distorting
Dang, that sucks. Pretty much defeating the purpose of what I was hoping to use it for. I appreciate the info.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:57 PM
Big Blue Flame!!!

Received 130 Likes on 118 Posts

So what Bluetooth adapter are we talking about, I have an 80GB IPod Classic and it would be nice to play it. My Aux in has never worked since day 1 (only plays off passenger speaker) I bought 3 high end monster cables thinking it was the cable was not tried my iPhone 4 and iphone 6 same deal. So I use Bluetooth audio on my iPhone 6
Old 03-10-2015, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by festivaboy92
So what Bluetooth adapter are we talking about, I have an 80GB IPod Classic and it would be nice to play it. My Aux in has never worked since day 1 (only plays off passenger speaker) I bought 3 high end monster cables thinking it was the cable was not tried my iPhone 4 and iphone 6 same deal. So I use Bluetooth audio on my iPhone 6
I used something like this
Docooler Bluetooth Adapter Dongle Transmitter for iPod Mini iPod Classic iPod Nano Touch Video: Amazon.ca: Electronics Docooler Bluetooth Adapter Dongle Transmitter for iPod Mini iPod Classic iPod Nano Touch Video: Amazon.ca: Electronics

Quick Reply: Ipod Classic Bluetooth adapter