Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insufficient Cooling From Manual A/C

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 04:42 PM

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Default Insufficient Cooling From Manual A/C

Have any of you who have experienced insufficient cooling from your manual A/C system found a cure to the problem?

All the dealers do with mine is check the coolent level, apply dye and or evacuate and recharge the system. Above about 25 degrees Celcius, my A/C will not cool my truck even when running in maximum modes.

It worked fine when I purchased the truck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Green Gem
Old 07-28-2014, 05:31 PM

Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Green Gem
Have any of you who have experienced insufficient cooling from your manual A/C system found a cure to the problem?

All the dealers do with mine is check the coolent level, apply dye and or evacuate and recharge the system. Above about 25 degrees Celcius, my A/C will not cool my truck even when running in maximum modes.

It worked fine when I purchased the truck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Green Gem
when you say it won't cool the truck, is that at all or it just take a long time?

generally most of the ac complaints ive read on here appear to be because of the compressor cycling on and off constantly and no one seems to have a fix.

my 2010 had the problem, my 2013 does not. it seems to be a crapshoot.
The following users liked this post:
Green Gem (07-28-2014)
Old 07-28-2014, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by modru2004
when you say it won't cool the truck, is that at all or it just take a long time?

generally most of the ac complaints ive read on here appear to be because of the compressor cycling on and off constantly and no one seems to have a fix.

my 2010 had the problem, my 2013 does not. it seems to be a crapshoot.
modru2004,

Thanks for your reply.

On our last hot day, about 30 degrees Celcius, the A/C would blow barely cool air at maximum settings. After trying to cool the truck for 30 minutes, we gave up and put the windows down. I don't believe that the truck would ever cool off with the A/C's output.

It has never been real hot when the truck has been in for the problem. It will blow coldish air when the outside air does not require the use of A/C.

Did your 2010 and your 2013 both have manual A/C? What is the compressor cycling like on your 2013?

Take Care

Green Gem
Old 07-29-2014, 02:20 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Green Gem
...On our last hot day, about 30 degrees Celcius, the A/C would blow barely cool air at maximum settings. After trying to cool the truck for 30 minutes, we gave up and put the windows down. I don't believe that the truck would ever cool off with the A/C's output.

It has never been real hot when the truck has been in for the problem. It will blow coldish air when the outside air does not require the use of A/C.

Did your 2010 and your 2013 both have manual A/C? What is the compressor cycling like on your 2013?

Take Care

Green Gem
I looked into your case and see that you've spoken to your CSM about this today, Green Gem. I suggest scheduling an appointment with your local dealership at your earliest convenience. Let me know when you have; I'll keep the CSM aware of this and any other updates.

Have a great day!

Brittany

Last edited by FordServiceCA; 07-30-2014 at 11:32 AM.
The following users liked this post:
sigma pi (07-29-2014)
Old 07-29-2014, 06:58 PM
Ford Freak

Received 171 Likes on 106 Posts

The AC in my '09 was not cooling very well either. I never go to the dealer if I can't fix it, so I went to a private shop. They said the condenser was stopped up. I told them to go ahead and replace it. It gets super cold now.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:51 PM

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts

Do you use recirc when your a/c is on when hot out?
Old 07-29-2014, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by FordServiceCA
I looked into your case and see that you've spoken to your CSM about this today, Green Gem. I suggest scheduling an appointment with Moynes Ford at your earliest convenience. Let me know when you have; I'll keep the CSM aware of this and any other updates.

Have a great day!

Brittany
Brittany,

That is in the works. I'm looking for as much back up information as I can get.

Take Care

Gren Gem
Old 07-29-2014, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by fordfan77
The AC in my '09 was not cooling very well either. I never go to the dealer if I can't fix it, so I went to a private shop. They said the condenser was stopped up. I told them to go ahead and replace it. It gets super cold now.
fordfan77,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm pleased that you were able to solve your A/C issue.

My truck is still under warranty, so I will go that route first.

Take Care

Green Gem
Old 07-29-2014, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by B-xp
Do you use recirc when your a/c is on when hot out?

B-xp,

I've tried all settings. The truck just won't cool when it is hot out. Today, it would not cool the truck with an outside temperature of 21 degrees C.

Early this morning, with an outside temperature of 16 degrees C., it was blowing nice cold air. Of course, A/C was not needed at that temperature.

Take Care

Green Gem
Old 07-29-2014, 10:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 2011 with the auto A/C and having the same issue with my truck never feels cold, my truck is tinted let it run 5-10 mins and it's barely blowing cool when I get in it. I'm afraid to send it to the dealer.

Quick Reply: Insufficient Cooling From Manual A/C