Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Info on the BAKFLIP VP?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 07:30 PM
22 Years of daily F150.

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Default Info on the BAKFLIP VP?

Anyone able to give some info or opinion on the BAKFlip VP?
Looks kind of cool to me.

See here.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have also been looking at this too. I have contacted a Bak Industries Rep here in Canada and he said the new BakFlip VP and the Roll X Tonneau cover will be available around the 2nd week of May.

The BakFlip VP looks very cool and slick. Things I really like about it is the no drain tube(tight fit) and not being able to see the slits on top of the cover. A new type of skin holds it all together.

The New Roll X cover according the rep is the next big thing according to the rep. I dunno about how strong and the fact when it all rolled up looks like a bundle of tinfoil... Is a huge advancement in Tonneau covers though. Im sure they will sell well, Price will be high I'm sure.

But nevertheless both great covers, But Im defiantly interested in more information regarding the BakFlip VP.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:10 PM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

That vp looks nice.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:25 PM
22 Years of daily F150.

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Nobody has one yet?
Old 05-02-2012, 10:25 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks i havent seen the VP but i really like it! any body have a price on these yet?
Old 05-03-2012, 04:22 PM
F150 Forum

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Canadplayr09
I have also been looking at this too. I have contacted a Bak Industries Rep here in Canada and he said the new BakFlip VP and the Roll X Tonneau cover will be available around the 2nd week of May.

The BakFlip VP looks very cool and slick. Things I really like about it is the no drain tube(tight fit) and not being able to see the slits on top of the cover. A new type of skin holds it all together.

The New Roll X cover according the rep is the next big thing according to the rep. I dunno about how strong and the fact when it all rolled up looks like a bundle of tinfoil... Is a huge advancement in Tonneau covers though. Im sure they will sell well, Price will be high I'm sure.

But nevertheless both great covers, But Im defiantly interested in more information regarding the BakFlip VP.
We are excited for the release of these covers as well. The VP is more of a traditional BakFlip with the main difference being a vinyl "DuraBak" lining covering the top of the cover along with the hinges. Since there is vinyl over the top, the panels aren't framed in aluminum (which saves weight) and it gets rid of the need for water drainage tubes.

We did a quick BakFlip VP vs BakFlip F1 comparison here which shows the starting price point is more affordable than previous BakFlips.

The Roll-X is a different story. We also did an overview on this one with some video. The BakFlip Roll-X price is still very affordable compared other BakFlips but we don't have a set date on its release yet.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm... I was going to get the F1 but this is pretty neat. I really like the hingless appearance and no drainage tubes. The ~$300 lower price is nice as well.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:23 PM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Do you know if the VP can still have the bakbox since it doesnt have the rail system?
Old 05-03-2012, 05:39 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

anybody find a great price yet on the VP?
Old 05-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Ford Freak

Received 171 Likes on 106 Posts

it says on their website that the Bakflip VP is compatible with the BACBOX and BAKFLIP CS rack system... take a look...
http://www.bakliner.com/bakflip/bak_flip_VP.html

Quick Reply: Info on the BAKFLIP VP?