Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think this is a new one

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 01:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default I think this is a new one

So I have something going on that I have not seen anyone else have. When I start the truck up and push the brake in to put it in gear, I get a 5 second (give or take) grinding noise. It usually only happens once when I first start it up when it's cold. It has happened twice when I start it up and then drive a mile to the gas station, shut it off and do my business, and then start it up and take off again. Once it gets warmed up it doesn't do it. It almost sounds like a bearing going bad because it makes a grinding noise. Also it sounds like the noise is coming from underneath the air box. I have a 2012 and I lose the warranty in just over a month. I can't think of any additional information to tell you to help me diagnose the problem. I've contacted the dealer and they say to drop it off over night so that they can look at it but I'm trying to get as much information for them as possible to help them figure this out because it will only do it once and very briefly until the truck cools off again. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:22 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you have an ecoboost? Most likely, it's the vacuum pump
Old 05-16-2015, 01:47 AM

Yes, I have the EB. I should have included that in my original post. Has anyone else had this issue? I haven't seen this problem posted before. Is the vacuum pump on the driver side? Would it only do it the one time?
Old 05-16-2015, 02:01 AM

I found the thread on this. Thank you for your help. I will take it to the dealer and give them the TSB. Thanks again
Old 05-16-2015, 02:48 AM
FX4RoadWarrior

Received 494 Likes on 353 Posts

If your interested in what it is