Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think I've lost my mind!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 05:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question I think I've lost my mind!

The other night after work I climbed into my 2011 EB with sync. As I started my truck I was attempting to make a phone call via voice comand. I happened to glance at my radio display(Not a nav model). At the same time I happened to be adjusting my climate control to the desired setting. What puzzles me is I swear there was an Icon that looked like fan speed above the Directional display (North, South ect). It was a small white Icon in the top left of the radio display that was a fan symbol with bars next to it symbolizing some type of fan speed options. This is where I am confused. I dont know what it was too... and was unable to imediately replicate it. I assumed it had something to do with climate control but im not sure why it would be displayed through the sync system. I of course consulted my owners manual to determine that what I had seen was real. Not much help. Are there Voice Commands for Climate control via Sync? I have the manual climate control not automatic... I may just be crazy but maybe someone can give me an explination here.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:16 PM
Not Important Enough

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

That fan symbol lights up as soon as you turn the heat on or A/C on, It's normal
Old 12-19-2011, 05:31 PM

There must be something different about mine... After your post I had to run out to my truck and see. Still no fan symbol again when I turned heater or A/C on. I was hoping there was a new feature I hadnt figured out but maybe its just a glitch in the system
Old 12-19-2011, 05:43 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ydoc39
There must be something different about mine... After your post I had to run out to my truck and see. Still no fan symbol again when I turned heater or A/C on. I was hoping there was a new feature I hadnt figured out but maybe its just a glitch in the system
Its not a glitch...its a feature....
Old 12-19-2011, 05:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same thing happened to me too. A couple of times actually. I just kind of ignored it. An explanation would be nice.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:04 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

I know they use the same display no matter the model, I have an STX and if you look just right, I have all the icons even though most aren't used.

I believe, on models that have auto heat/cool feature but does not have NAV, that the fan icons are used.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:07 PM

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

There is a button on the dash Fan+ and a button Fan-
If you push one of those, the fan icon will appear. as you push the Fan+ button another bar will show up and the fan will run faster. oddly enough, pushing the Fan- button makes the fan run slower and a bar will disappear. Want the symbol to go away again? Turn off the auto temp by pushing the temp control and when you turn it back on, the fan icon will be gone.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Legendsk
There is a button on the dash Fan+ and a button Fan-
If you push one of those, the fan icon will appear. as you push the Fan+ button another bar will show up and the fan will run faster. oddly enough, pushing the Fan- button makes the fan run slower and a bar will disappear. Want the symbol to go away again? Turn off the auto temp by pushing the temp control and when you turn it back on, the fan icon will be gone.
I don't have a + and -. As I posted earlier I have the manual climate control which is a **** that selects fan speed. The icon I'm talking about showed up once. I'm appreciative of your comments but obviously your comprehension of the OP is that of a girl with ADHD at a Justin Beiber concert. You missed the point but I forgive you.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would say its a glitch, possiblely one of the other lights shinning in the general area where the fan speed indicator is. I have the automatic climate control, and the odd time one of the bars on the indicator will appear green depending what else is lite up on the display.

Have you tried to make another phone call? Replicating the circumstance my replicate the results.

Quick Reply: I think I've lost my mind!