Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need some upholstery help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 10:50 AM

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Default I need some upholstery help.

This is my first post so forgive me if I am not posting it in the correct forum? I was cleaning my truck and noticed that something ripped my leather seat in my 2011 Lariat super crew. The seat that got damaged is the back seat, base part behind the driver seat, the larger of the 2 areas of the back seat. My question is how difficult is it to change the leather covering on that part of the seat? Is the 2 back seats separate or do you remove the entire rear seat as one compete seat and than separate them? I know how to get to tilt the rear part of the seat forward, thanks to the forum, I just am not sure where to go from there? The replacement cover doesn't look bad to install, but I am not an upholstery expert so I would like some advice on doing it myself or should I just take it to Ford and have them do it?
Old 09-16-2013, 05:28 PM

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Hmmmm no upholstery experts on here????
Old 09-16-2013, 05:46 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

GT, welcome to the forum. I'm not an upholstery expert by no means. I always take my stuff to the local shop. I think the two seats are separate from each other so one can be removed leaving the other. Good luck.

Quick Reply: I need some upholstery help.