Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I can't ever have anything nice.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 04:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I can't ever have anything nice.....

Pull into an apartment complex and the painters are spray painting the buildings at the front entrance in 15 MPH winds gusting higher and now I have paint over-spray all on the right side of my truck. No signs warning of painting NOTHING until it's too late. The apartment complex is now paying for a detail job (I got pics of my truck but its hard to notice on silver). The right side feels like sandpaper. The truck is not even 2 months old!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Bullet 5.0
Pull into an apartment complex and the painters are spray painting the buildings at the front entrance in 15 MPH winds gusting higher and now I have paint over-spray all on the right side of my truck. No signs warning of painting NOTHING until it's too late. The apartment complex is now paying for a detail job (I got pics of my truck but its hard to notice on silver). The right side feels like sandpaper. The truck is not even 2 months old!!!

Had the exact same thing happen to mine, only it was white paint, my truck is black. I was furious, the apartment complex paid for a clay wax cleanup and it was unable to clean it off, after all they just re-painted it. I'm sure it came out of the cut for the painters because they could have easily asked to move vehicles from around the area.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At least they're trying to do something about it though. That's better than plenty of people.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:27 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I hope they take care of it for you!
Old 04-06-2011, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by 50Ford500
At least they're trying to do something about it though. That's better than plenty of people.
That's true. They paid for $150 detail of which they will clay bar it. I hope it comes off but as the previous guy said it didn't work for him.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:33 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

if that dont work try mineral spirit. my chick backed up into a garage door and had some paint transfer on my bumper. came right off with little elbow grease.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Dan

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

My moms car got sprayed witha wierd chemical they were spraying in downtown...Ruined the paint... They denied it all... not worth the fight in our small town
Old 04-06-2011, 04:57 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dejong1
My moms car got sprayed witha wierd chemical they were spraying in downtown...Ruined the paint... They denied it all... not worth the fight in our small town
buy an Ad in the local paper asking if others had the same experience, the city cant deny it if multiple complaints are put in for the same thing....(Be aware government offices are worse than insurance offices, they do not care about you or want to do the right thing for you as an individual, there may in fact be multiple complaints, but they will deny each one individualy, the only way multiple complaints work to force them to do the right thing, is if they are put in together)

Paper Ads are cheap so not much to lose even if noone responds...though the two times Ive done it you would be surprised on how many do.

Might open a hotmail account and have them send emails to that for responses so you dont get visits.

Be careful of people just trying to get a free paint job by not giving all the specific details and asking direct questions of the people who respond, a couple flakes can get the whole case thrown out.

As far as cost, if you have several complaintants, go to small claims court. (I probably would anyways even if just myself) You bring the case yourself (no Lawyers fee's, though they might charge you 30 dollars or so for court fee's) and most SCC's have a limit of 5k or more. that should be enough for paint job or repair for a standard paint job.

Last edited by Rhyder; 04-06-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:02 PM

Well, it looks like I dodged the bullet this time. Apparently the clay bar worked as there is no more sand paper feel. They hand picked the paint on the black molding and it didn't leave any weird spots afterwards. All is well with Silver Bullet once again. I will say though, this detail job has the truck feeling slicker than snot. It puts the Stealerships "detail" job to absolute shame.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:39 AM

Little known fact. If the paint over spray is from LATEX Paint, Denatured Alcohol will remove the over spray. No Damage to the subsurface.

Definately worth trying, nothing ventured nothing gained

Quick Reply: I can't ever have anything nice.....