Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I was busy this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 09:11 AM

Received 41 Likes on 10 Posts

Default I was busy this weekend

So for Christmas I got an autospring 2" leveling kit. I then bought a 3" Readylift block for the rear because I still wanted the rake. And I am glad I did because the 2" spacer made the truck look nose high. Overall I am happy with the lift. It was a little bit of a pain to install but worth it. It looks great and the ride feels the same to me. I also have not noticed any drop in mpg's but it may be too early to tell.

Now I just need to get some tires. 275/65/20 Duratracs hopefully soon.

Below are pictures of the different steps if anyone is interested.
1. no level
2. front only before alignment
3. front only after alignment
4. front and rear done
Attached Thumbnails I was busy this weekend-truck-no-lift.jpg   I was busy this weekend-truck-front-leveled-before-alignment.jpg   I was busy this weekend-truck-front-leveled-after-alignment.jpg   I was busy this weekend-truck-level-front-rear.jpg  
Old 01-07-2013, 09:36 AM

Received 398 Likes on 344 Posts

looks good. can't wait to see it with the new tires on it. it will really change to looks.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:37 AM

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts

Congrads, looking good

I agree with you that just the level makes the nose too high, especially when loaded/towing. The rear block is a must in my opinion.

Nice to hear it didn't affect the stock ride since I want to lift mine the same height as you without sacrificing the comfy ride.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:56 AM

Received 41 Likes on 10 Posts

I also hardwired my radar detector this weekend. My intent was to use a mirror tap (http://www.mirrortap.com/) but for the life of me I could not get the prongs to stay in place and they would constantly fall out. So I decided to just hard-wire it in by exposing a little bit of the wire and soldering it in. It is working great.
Attached Thumbnails I was busy this weekend-radar.jpg  

Quick Reply: I was busy this weekend