Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HydroDip or Vinyl

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 10:02 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default HydroDip or Vinyl

Looking to match this dash pattern, anyone here can do it or know how?
Old 05-02-2017, 10:00 AM
Let the Fun Begin

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

I had the exact same dilemma when i redid my iPad install. I opted to just paint it gloss black. If i was going to hydro dip, i would rather choose to hydro dip ala the "Matrix" looking panels to something else like carbon fiber bc the Matrix look is kind of dated...

Name:  image_zpsqaywvz9p.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  152.4 KB

Name:  image_zpsfzmy21pv.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  144.3 KB
The following users liked this post:
moerod (05-02-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 11:54 AM

Thanks I had a few other questions about the system.

How long has your system been installed? Was it a custom or was it similar to soundman or https://store.audiodesignscg.com/pro...mini-dash-kit/

I'm leaning towards the Audio Design one since it looks like a permanent screen from a distance and not an Ipad in the dash.

How is your connected, via usb or bluetooth, backup cam app?, does it auto-screen off when turning truck off etc. I have tons of questions lol, let me know some of your details and maybe that would answer most.

Thanks

Originally Posted by TimelessR1
I had the exact same dilemma when i redid my iPad install. I opted to just paint it gloss black. If i was going to hydro dip, i would rather choose to hydro dip ala the "Matrix" looking panels to something else like carbon fiber bc the Matrix look is kind of dated...

Old 05-02-2017, 12:38 PM
Let the Fun Begin

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

I've had this installed for about 4-5 years now..and Love it! the stock radio is still behind the ipad and the stock radio plays through the rear stock door speakers ONLY. This way i can still utilize my hands free calling / FM (if i want to listen) I also have head rest monitors for the kids, and sometimes will play the audio of the headrest through the FM which place it the back then for them.

I actually made this ipad holder...its a slider...the slider part i bought from Soundman, and grafted it into a metra dash kit myself. The ipad is NOT connected to the stock radio, it feeds a Helix DSP pro digitally, but you could def go either bluetooth or hard wire to your stock radio...i'd suggest hard wire since it will then charge the ipad also.

My ipad does not shut off when i shut the truck off...but i ALWAYS remove the ipad no mater what when leaving the truck so it doesn't really bother me. If you check out my link to DIYMA you can see my build log there...
Old 05-02-2017, 12:59 PM

Received 310 Likes on 249 Posts

I know the pattern, which is different in my 2011, is available as a film. At least it was when I was looking at getting it done.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by NastyFFX4
I know the pattern, which is different in my 2011, is available as a film. At least it was when I was looking at getting it done.
remember where or pattern name??
Old 05-02-2017, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by moerod
remember where or pattern name??
I was able to find it working that Google magic.

http://www.hydrodip.com/water_transf...ng_films/#Carb

Under Carbon Fiber patterns, 4th row on the right side. That is what is in my 2011 FX4, at least it looks like it, definitely not the same thing as posted from a 2010 just to be clear.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by NastyFFX4
I was able to find it working that Google magic.

http://www.hydrodip.com/water_transf...ng_films/#Carb

Under Carbon Fiber patterns, 4th row on the right side. That is what is in my 2011 FX4, at least it looks like it, definitely not the same thing as posted from a 2010 just to be clear.
thanks I'm looking on my phone and they are stacked. Not in rows so I'll. Check from the office tomorrrw.

thanks
Old 05-02-2017, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by moerod
thanks I'm looking on my phone and they are stacked. Not in rows so I'll. Check from the office tomorrrw.

thanks
The one I'm looking at is called 'Carbon Fiber Ford Match'.
Old 05-03-2017, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by TimelessR1
I've had this installed for about 4-5 years now..and Love it! the stock radio is still behind the ipad and the stock radio plays through the rear stock door speakers ONLY. This way i can still utilize my hands free calling / FM (if i want to listen) I also have head rest monitors for the kids, and sometimes will play the audio of the headrest through the FM which place it the back then for them.

I actually made this ipad holder...its a slider...the slider part i bought from Soundman, and grafted it into a metra dash kit myself. The ipad is NOT connected to the stock radio, it feeds a Helix DSP pro digitally, but you could def go either bluetooth or hard wire to your stock radio...i'd suggest hard wire since it will then charge the ipad also.

My ipad does not shut off when i shut the truck off...but i ALWAYS remove the ipad no mater what when leaving the truck so it doesn't really bother me. If you check out my link to DIYMA you can see my build log there...
Do you use the backup cam on your ipad? which system do you have?