Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Huge Decision! I Need Your Help Guys!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 07:32 PM
Project White Fang

Received 262 Likes on 222 Posts

Default Huge Decision! I Need Your Help Guys!

So the tread on my wheels are getting low and I need to buy new tires, however Im debating buying new rims too and since my tread is low, now would obviously be the best time to buy new rims/tires combo. Now I already no what tires I want. Im going with Nitto Trail Grapplers again, as I love how they have been and how they look. I currently have 305/55/20s but I will be switching to 295/60/20s no matter what rims I choose.

I currently have XD Rockstars and customized them to go with my truck. Now my dilemma is should I keep these XD Rockstars the way they are and just buy new tires? or should I peel off the white around the edges of the centre cap and only leave the star white and get new tires? Here is a picture of my truck current wheels & on my truck....

OR

Should I sell my current XD rockstars and get Fuel Mavericks? Here is a very similar truck to mine (member RajunCajun84) which has the Fuel Mavericks on 305/55/20 with +1mm offset. Like I said I would be going with 295/60/20 though & with the same offset.

Now I know a lot of you think Rockstars are overplayed but I have been seeing a lot of trucks in my city lately with Fuel Mavericks as well, so both are what we could say "played out" in my city, so please lets not make that a factor. I just want your thoughts on what would look best. The customization of my Rockstars is what has me a little hooked on them. I have only seen a red dodge(red stars) in my area, but no one else has done something like this, so its different & sets them apart from the other rockstars. Unfortunately I don't think I would be able to do anything white on the Fuel Mavericks to set them apart from the rest. However, the Fuel Mavericks look damn nice on the Oxford White FX4's.

Now you know my dilemma, so which one do you guys think would look better? As far as pricing goes, I would sell my rockstars which would cover the cost of the Fuel Mavericks & since I need new tires anyway I wouldn't lose out in that area. Sorry for making you guys read a damn chapter but I just want to make sure you guys have all the info before you help me make a decision.

Thanks guys & girls and Thanks again RajunCajun for letting me use your pictures!
The following users liked this post:
RajunCajun84 (02-26-2015)
Old 02-24-2015, 07:39 PM

Received 120 Likes on 83 Posts

I like the mavericks better, but if you keep the old wheels they'd look better if just the star was white... That's just my opinion though
Black_Thunder (02-24-2015)
Old 02-24-2015, 07:42 PM

Received 123 Likes on 79 Posts

Mavericks look better to me
Old 02-24-2015, 07:43 PM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

I had rockstars on my old truck. They looked great until everybody and their brother bought them. Then I didnt like them anymore.

Get the Mavericks.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:44 PM

Received 136 Likes on 105 Posts

Rockstars (and XD wheels in general) look like garbage. The fuels don't look terrible. If you want to make your truck stand out why not get some wheels that not everybody and their mother runs?
Old 02-24-2015, 07:46 PM

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

I like the Mavericks
Old 02-24-2015, 07:47 PM
Project White Fang

Originally Posted by Tothemax
I had rockstars on my old truck. They looked great until everybody and their brother bought them. Then I didnt like them anymore.

Get the Mavericks.
haha yes a lot of people have them here and a lot of people have the mavericks here too.... I just want to know which ones look better on the Oxford white truck
Old 02-24-2015, 07:51 PM
Project White Fang

Originally Posted by strokin7.3
Rockstars (and XD wheels in general) look like garbage. The fuels don't look terrible. If you want to make your truck stand out why not get some wheels that not everybody and their mother runs?
To be honest, majority of trucks in my city have rims, so theres not much out there that everyone and their mother doesn't run. When people come here from other countries and cities thats usually the first thing they say is how everyone here drives trucks lol.

On a side note what would you suggest? I Got a good deal on the XD rockstars I couldn't pass up on my last truck but these Fuel Mavericks look really nice & I'm hooked on them too. The one thing I did notice though is most the Fuel Mavericks in town that I have seen are 17s or 18s, I would be getting 20s
Old 02-24-2015, 07:52 PM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

Originally Posted by Black_Thunder
haha yes a lot of people have them here and a lot of people have the mavericks here too.... I just want to know which ones look better on the Oxford white truck
I still vote mavericks. They look better.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:52 PM

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Didnt you just paint up the rock stars? Bored of them already? I like the RS they are classy.

Quick Reply: Huge Decision! I Need Your Help Guys!