Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to tell if my truck is lifted/leveled?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to tell if my truck is lifted/leveled?

I bought a 2010 King Ranch about a year ago. I need to get new tires, and shocks, so I figured I would look into a lift kit as well. I have been looking at everything from a 2" leveling kit, to a full on 6" lift. In doing so, I have confused myself into thinking that I may already have a lift kit on my truck, or at the very least, a leveling kit. I obviously don't want to buy and install something I already have, so how an I tell and be sure that I do or do not have something already installed?

The ride height looks even. There is a small block between the axle and the leaf spring that measures about 1 1/4" thick. The front strut assembly has a ProComp shoc. I thought I saw what appeared to be a spacer on the front springs, and I am running 305/55/20s.

Can anyone help me out in trying to figure out if I have a small lift or leveling kit? Thanks.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:53 PM

Received 271 Likes on 168 Posts

Probably be easier to help with some pictures.
Old 12-24-2019, 08:13 AM

Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts

Snap some pictures. I’ll say it is odd you have a pro comp spring. I’d say it is probably already leveled but won’t be able to to tell without pictures.
Old 12-24-2019, 08:34 AM
rodent aviator

Received 272 Likes on 145 Posts

I am amazed that you want a leveling kit for looks but have no clue what a leveled truck should look like. Are you so caught up with the idea of spending money that you don't even care what you spend it on? What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
Old 12-24-2019, 09:14 AM

To the people that actually want to be helpful, Here are some photos. Pretty sure it's leveled, but I can't find anything from ProComp for the front struts for a 2010 F150 or a ProComp quick lift, and I am pretty sure that isn't a spacer in there.

I'm just trying to decide if I can put a 3" lift on this (because I have to put a baby in a car seat), or if I need to go with a 4" to gain any height.

Old 12-24-2019, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Skwerl
I am amazed that you want a leveling kit for looks but have no clue what a leveled truck should look like. Are you so caught up with the idea of spending money that you don't even care what you spend it on? What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
Sweet comment, bro. How about you let me worry about my budget and what I want to spend it on.
Old 12-24-2019, 09:22 AM
TOTM September 2020

Received 197 Likes on 98 Posts

I’d venture to say your probably leveled. Does the strut go all the way to the top of the housing or can you feel a spacer (piece of metal like a hockey puck) in there between the top of the strut and the top mount?
Old 12-24-2019, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by CountryboyNC
I’d venture to say your probably leveled. Does the strut go all the way to the top of the housing or can you feel a spacer (piece of metal like a hockey puck) in there between the top of the strut and the top mount?

nope, no spacer. Just rubber.
i am going to try and find a model number or something on the shock later. So much brake dust I have been procrastinating. I definitely saw a ProComp sticker on the shock when I was having my brake pads replaced.
Old 12-24-2019, 09:47 AM

Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts

Pro comp has a couple different options for spacers. Not saying I’m correct, but I believe you’re leveled. However, I’m wondering if they put the sticker that comes with all purchases on the spring. I don’t see a spacer in there, but sometimes it is tough to tell. If I had to guess, you have the bracket looking spacer, not a hockey puck style.
Old 12-24-2019, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by LexPD
Pro comp has a couple different options for spacers. Not saying I’m correct, but I believe you’re leveled. However, I’m wondering if they put the sticker that comes with all purchases on the spring. I don’t see a spacer in there, but sometimes it is tough to tell. If I had to guess, you have the bracket looking spacer, not a hockey puck style.
I see the bracket style on ProComps web site and looked at the install Instructions, and it doesnt look like I have that style.

I guess there is a possibility its just a procomp sticker on some other brand quick lift strut. No idea why that would be the case, but I just dont see anything from ProComp that resembles what I have..

Which is why I am so confused as to if there is a level kit at all. It sure looks like I do from the ride height.

Quick Reply: How to tell if my truck is lifted/leveled?