Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to remove and disassemble rear bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 08:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default How to remove and disassemble rear bumper?

Well I made a dumb mistake today and was reversing with a tiny log splitter and well jackknifed and scratched one side of rear bumper. I just want to remove bumper and disassemble down to the affected area.

Any and all info is appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-05-2014, 09:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I wish I took pictures of mine I just put a new bumper on my truck. Lower the spare tire and follow the wire harness from the left side of the bumper to the left side of the spare tire and you will see the plug and a ground wire. Unbolt the ground and unplug the harness. While you are under the truck you will see where the bumper is bolted the The frame of the truck (you might want two people for this part as you are taking the hitch and the bumper off at the same time.) take the 3 bolts from the left side and the 3 from the right side off and the whole thing should just slide right off. Set the bumper on a stand and you will see on both bumper sides the bolts and the bracket going up and down holding everything together. Remove them and pull up on the on the step pad to release the tabs I did use some Keewee pliers to help me with that part and then that side should come off. I hope this makes sense and is of a little bit of help. Once you are under the truck you will see how everything goes together and how it comes apart. Let me know if you have any questions!
Old 12-27-2014, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gfc314
I wish I took pictures of mine I just put a new bumper on my truck. Lower the spare tire and follow the wire harness from the left side of the bumper to the left side of the spare tire and you will see the plug and a ground wire. Unbolt the ground and unplug the harness. While you are under the truck you will see where the bumper is bolted the The frame of the truck (you might want two people for this part as you are taking the hitch and the bumper off at the same time.) take the 3 bolts from the left side and the 3 from the right side off and the whole thing should just slide right off. Set the bumper on a stand and you will see on both bumper sides the bolts and the bracket going up and down holding everything together. Remove them and pull up on the on the step pad to release the tabs I did use some Keewee pliers to help me with that part and then that side should come off. I hope this makes sense and is of a little bit of help. Once you are under the truck you will see how everything goes together and how it comes apart. Let me know if you have any questions!
How the heck do you remove those push pins under the bumper that hold the plastic bumper pad to it?
Old 12-27-2014, 05:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RCracer51
How the heck do you remove those push pins under the bumper that hold the plastic bumper pad to it?
It's a major pain.. I used some Keewee pliers to get in there and squeeze and pull up on the step pad. Just keep at it it will come off!

Quick Reply: How to remove and disassemble rear bumper?