Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How I made my truck less annoying

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 06:07 PM

Received 613 Likes on 497 Posts

Default How I made my truck less annoying

OK so based on another thread I decided my annoying backup sensor beeping had to go, between it snowing or using a small trailer with the 4 pin the truck would be constantly beeping at me, I know it's only 2 buttons to stop it but I wanted it gone whenever I started my truck.

So I tracked the beeping to this box under the driver side dash, right behind the foot brake pedal. its the box with the white sticker on it

1 harness and 2 10mm bolts the box was out this is the actual speaker held on by 2 clips and double sided tape

so I proceeded to open the box

I tried just removing the speaker, and retesting. the truck senses a fault and disables the entire sensor system but also throws an error message on the dash screen.

this is the underside of the circuit board

this is the top of the board with the speaker still attached (red and black wires)

notice the speaker is now unplugged, and the beige plug is where it used to be

flipping the board to the bottom again I soldered on a 1/2 watt 100 ohm resistor to the speaker plug terminals. I then reassembled the box and reinstalled it in my truck.

Success, the truck doesn't beep at me anymore, the colored proximity bars still work in my rearview camera, the volume of the radio still cuts when I am close to something, but no more beeping!
Worth noting, if you just unplug the harness no error message shows up, It's like the truck came with no sensors, but you also lose the colored proximity boxes in the camera

thanks to AricsFX for starting the other thread which got me motivated to find a solution that works for me.

Last edited by kidastra; 03-04-2015 at 06:10 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by kidastra:
arokcrwlr (03-04-2015), Pat Healy (10-17-2018)
Old 03-04-2015, 11:41 PM

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

That a great mod. Not sure I will do it, but thanks for figuring it out and posting. The beeping is annoying when the truck doesn't sense a connected trailer...
Old 03-04-2015, 11:42 PM
Brodozin' through life

Received 1,345 Likes on 840 Posts

Dang!! Nice work!!!
The following users liked this post:
kidastra (03-05-2015)
Old 03-04-2015, 11:51 PM

Received 89 Likes on 79 Posts

Damn. Some of you guys can figure out anything. Respect.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by arokcrwlr
That a great mod. Not sure I will do it, but thanks for figuring it out and posting. The beeping is annoying when the truck doesn't sense a connected trailer...
lol yeah I had a love hate relationship with my sensors! I wish they would turn off whenever any trailer is plugged in
Old 03-05-2015, 10:10 AM

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts

Nice write up

I think I'll start with putting tape over speaker. If it's quiet enough it won't bug me
Old 03-05-2015, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by frieed
Nice write up

I think I'll start with putting tape over speaker. If it's quiet enough it won't bug me
thanks, let me know if tape works!
Old 03-05-2015, 07:05 PM
Opinionated Blowhard

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by kidastra
OK so based on another thread I decided my annoying backup sensor beeping had to go, between it snowing or using a small trailer with the 4 pin the truck would be constantly beeping at me, I know it's only 2 buttons to stop it but I wanted it gone whenever I started my truck. So I tracked the beeping to this box under the driver side dash, right behind the foot brake pedal. its the box with the white sticker on it 1 harness and 2 10mm bolts the box was out this is the actual speaker held on by 2 clips and double sided tape so I proceeded to open the box I tried just removing the speaker, and retesting. the truck senses a fault and disables the entire sensor system but also throws an error message on the dash screen. this is the underside of the circuit board this is the top of the board with the speaker still attached (red and black wires) notice the speaker is now unplugged, and the beige plug is where it used to be flipping the board to the bottom again I soldered on a 1/2 watt 100 ohm resistor to the speaker plug terminals. I then reassembled the box and reinstalled it in my truck. Success, the truck doesn't beep at me anymore, the colored proximity bars still work in my rearview camera, the volume of the radio still cuts when I am close to something, but no more beeping! Worth noting, if you just unplug the harness no error message shows up, It's like the truck came with no sensors, but you also lose the colored proximity boxes in the camera thanks to AricsFX for starting the other thread which got me motivated to find a solution that works for me.
Is there a way to install a switch. I like the beeper, but when towing or hooking up its a PITA to do the button dance.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:23 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Old 03-05-2015, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Kenferg1
Is there a way to install a switch. I like the beeper, but when towing or hooking up its a PITA to do the button dance.
yeah technically a switch is doable, if you only want it while trailering I would put the switch on the black speaker wire and live with the error when reversing. Would also serve as a reminder to turn the switch back on when you were done. You could also wire it to have no error message by having a switch that either connects the resistor while disconnecting the speaker and vice versa.

Last edited by kidastra; 03-05-2015 at 07:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Kenferg1 (03-05-2015)

Quick Reply: How I made my truck less annoying