Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to export or save .abt files to excel 2016

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 11:17 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default How to export or save .abt files to excel 2016

Hi I made a backup of all my Modules and I'm trying to export(save) them in a Excel spreadsheet, and I can't figure it out, I have tryed the old fashion way of copy and paste and it won't work, for some reason the format for the address works in some cells (3, 4, 6, 8) and for others (5, 7) it doesn't work.
Is there an easier way to do this.
Also post in Forscan forum with no answer
Thank you
Attached Images   
Old 08-22-2017, 11:33 AM

Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts

Excel is interpreting the input as a number. Try formatting the Excel cells as "Text".
Old 08-22-2017, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by jp360cj
Excel is interpreting the input as a number. Try formatting the Excel cells as "Text".
Thank you for the reply, just try your suggestion about formatting the cells to text and the only difference, is that all the cells are now align to the left like it should be normally for text
If you look closely in note pad pic, the only cell that doesn't have letter is the third one, if it would be interpreting has number, it would be the only one on the right side

Last edited by Marsju; 08-22-2017 at 03:56 PM. Reason: third cell
Old 08-22-2017, 03:36 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

I did mine manually copy and pasting the actual text onscreen at the Motorcraft/asbuilt site, you have to create and name the cell pages manually for each module. Worked great for me and it's perfectly accurate.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
I did mine manually copy and pasting the actual text onscreen at the Motorcraft/asbuilt site, you have to create and name the cell pages manually for each module. Worked great for me and it's perfectly accurate.
Thank you, this is already done but I can't understand why Excel is interpreting the cell the way it does.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:18 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by Marsju
I can't understand why Excel is interpreting the cell the way it does.
Me either which is why I did it manually lol.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:15 PM

Received 2,101 Likes on 1,725 Posts

As mentioned, it is interpreting those as numbers. With a long number, it thinks you want to shorten it with scientific notation, because nobody would want to see a long number, right? Also, the E at the end of row 7 is interpreted as scientific notation directly, because E happens to be how you would type that into Excel.

Try formatting the cells like this:
Press Ctrl-1 to get the formatting window, select Custom from the choices on the left.
In the "Type:" box, type 0 (that's a zero)
Old 08-23-2017, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Spiky
As mentioned, it is interpreting those as numbers. With a long number, it thinks you want to shorten it with scientific notation, because nobody would want to see a long number, right? Also, the E at the end of row 7 is interpreted as scientific notation directly, because E happens to be how you would type that into Excel.

Try formatting the cells like this:
Press Ctrl-1 to get the formatting window, select Custom from the choices on the left.
In the "Type:" box, type 0 (that's a zero)
After formating the cell to 0, this is what i'm having and the cell module name came up automaticly.

Thank you for helping me out
Attached Images  
Old 08-25-2017, 12:53 AM

Received 2,101 Likes on 1,725 Posts

Hmm, that item with the E near the end might have to be typed manually with a ' in front of it. (single apostrophe) It's just going to throw Excel off. The left-right issue is also a standard Excel formatting issue in this case (some are now number format, some text), you'll have to pick left, right, or center formatting for all of them to line up together.

I'm wondering, is this an as-built direct from forscan? I don't remember what I did, but I think it was almost nothing when I turned mine into an Excel file. I think it was much easier. Weird.