Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How ever good you thought your wax was; this beats anything

Old 08-15-2012, 06:55 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default How ever good you thought your wax was; this beats anything

This stuff will be available for consumers before the end of the year. I will buy enough of this stuff to cover every inch of my truck. Could you imagine going trail riding and mudding with your buddies and as soon as you pull out of that last mud puddle your truck instantaneously looks like its ready to enter a truck show. Not even a trace of water or mud left on your truck, tires, or undercarriage. Granted it would be very time consuming and expensive to make sure everything got treated but holy crap that would be cool.

They have 2 different types. One for your clothes and the other is similar to a clear coat paint that can be applied to anything else that is non-fabric.

Check it out!!

Old 08-15-2012, 07:06 AM
'Merican

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That stuff is amazing! Where will one be able to purchase this? I am doing both of my automobiles, my running shoes, and all of my boots!
Old 08-15-2012, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Govi
That stuff is amazing! Where will one be able to purchase this? I am doing both of my automobiles, my running shoes, and all of my boots!
No idea exactly.
I have a request put in with the company to receive an email as soon as it hits the market. The target release date is supposed to be towards the end of 2012, so any time now.

I'm sure the military already has it. They always get the cool toys first. I hope its not too expensive because I will have to have some. By some I mean TRUCK LOAD.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:29 AM
'Merican

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well when you find out let the rest of us know...I am going to stock pile the ***** out of that stuff.

Would be great for all of my camping gear as well.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:52 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Crazy! Wonder how much it will be? If they do make some specificly for cars/trucks since everything goes around it, how long do you think it last? And how would someone want to take it off you think? Thats some bizzare stuff though, cool find.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by shearb
Crazy! Wonder how much it will be? If they do make some specificly for cars/trucks since everything goes around it, how long do you think it last? And how would someone want to take it off you think? Thats some bizzare stuff though, cool find.
Should last a long time. They have tested it with raw metal parts that have been submerged in the ocean for 2 years. After pulling them out of the ocean water they were unharmed and still superhydrophobic.

Alcohol and certain types of soaps will break the bond to the surface but as soon as it dries it goes back to being superhydrophobic again. No need to retreat.

At least these are the best conclusions I can make from everything I read.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And it will be safe for paint?
Old 08-15-2012, 08:27 AM

Received 67 Likes on 39 Posts

No way would that stuff be cheap. It could be inexpensive for them to produce, but being the first on the market with type of innovative technology, they will make a killing off that stuff. Or, it might even be expensive to produce, which would drive the cost up anymore. However, depending on the cost, it could actually be worth the expense.

They mention on their website that the stuff dries translucent. That wouldn't work too well for paint applications. They would need to come up with a transparent version.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:40 AM

Received 112 Likes on 92 Posts

Been eyeing this stuff for a while... Going to coat my snowmobile with it to keep snow/ice buildup down while riding, hate the added weight. I think it would be cool to add to the truck especially undercoat, would be nice to wash the salt and stuff off in the winter..
Old 08-15-2012, 08:43 AM
American member

Received 1,058 Likes on 843 Posts

Wonder what it would be like on a boat?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How ever good you thought your wax was; this beats anything