Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you wait?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you wait?

Getting a 2012 fx4 in about 4 weeks I'm gonna start lookin.. How do you guys wait on getting a new truck? I'm way too damn excited
Old 01-02-2012, 07:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Usually everyone just waits for the old lady to say yes so theres no choice haha!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Not my first Rodeo

Default YES!

I know the feeling, Race Red FX EB Scab 4x4 on order. Mid February delivery. LOOOOOONG Winter!
Old 01-02-2012, 09:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BROWNINGF150
Getting a 2012 fx4 in about 4 weeks I'm gonna start lookin.. How do you guys wait on getting a new truck? I'm way too damn excited
Why wait, if you want it, just go buy it
Old 01-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Grumpy Old Man

Location: Midland County Texas, just west of the star in my avatar
Received 879 Likes on 686 Posts

I'm too picky about exactly what I want in a new vehicle, so I almost always order it exactly like I want it. Even dealers with dozens of new models in stock won't have exactly what I want (and am willing to pay for).

The trick is to plan ahead. Order what you want, knowing it will take at least six weeks to two months for it to arrive. I've ordered several new vehicles over the years. My latest one is an F-150 SuperCrew Lariat EcoBoost that should be here today or tomorrow. It's been a long 7 weeks, but I'll have exactly what I want without options I didn't want to pay for.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by SVTF150

Why wait, if you want it, just go buy it
I gotta wait till my income tax money hits the bank.. Just sold my 250 and as soon as my income taxes is deposited I'm gettin a 2012.. Usually get it right at beginning of feb so in about 4 weeks I'm gonna pick one and get it
Old 01-02-2012, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by smokeywren
I'm too picky about exactly what I want in a new vehicle, so I almost always order it exactly like I want it. Even dealers with dozens of new models in stock won't have exactly what I want (and am willing to pay for).

The trick is to plan ahead. Order what you want, knowing it will take at least six weeks to two months for it to arrive. I've ordered several new vehicles over the years. My latest one is an F-150 SuperCrew Lariat EcoBoost that should be here today or tomorrow. It's been a long 7 weeks, but I'll have exactly what I want without options I didn't want to pay for.
Im just gonna go to the dealer and pick one out or they'll get me one in within a few days.. Just won't be ready to buy for a couple weeks but it's hard to see what I want I keep going back and forth on if I want the in dash and moonroof or not
Old 01-02-2012, 10:39 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't wait, i buy from dealer stock. The most i have to wait is 2 days for them to go get it then prep it. Always have been able to get exactly what i wanted. Except this last time. I wanted black. With a certain list of features. Well one didn't exist with 1000 miles. So they gave me $3000 more on my trade in to take a red one with the navi radio. So basically they gave me a NAVI radio for free to take a race red truck... All of this could have been saved if i just ordered one. However under the A-plan rules you have to get it from dealer stock. Now i love the race red and am very happy with the red.

Why are you waiting 4 weeks?

I am waiting 6 months from the purchase date of my f150 to buy my old lady a new car, but thats so my credit "calms down" after buying the truck.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Back to Ford

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

waiting sucks no doubt about it! Ordered Dec 6th, Expected delivery mid March.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by surelly09
I don't wait, i buy from dealer stock. The most i have to wait is 2 days for them to go get it then prep it. Always have been able to get exactly what i wanted. Except this last time. I wanted black. With a certain list of features. Well one didn't exist with 1000 miles. So they gave me $3000 more on my trade in to take a red one with the navi radio. So basically they gave me a NAVI radio for free to take a race red truck... All of this could have been saved if i just ordered one. However under the A-plan rules you have to get it from dealer stock. Now i love the race red and am very happy with the red.

Why are you waiting 4 weeks?

I am waiting 6 months from the purchase date of my f150 to buy my old lady a new car, but thats so my credit "calms down" after buying the truck.
Gotta wait until my tax return gets in my bank account

Quick Reply: How do you wait?