Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I remove carpet? Directions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 03:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question How do I remove carpet? Directions?

Dear All,

Does anyone know where to find instructions to remove seats and carpet from a 2014 XLT extended cab. I don't have power seats, just manual seats, bench seats. Was wanting to take out the whole carpet and give it a good wash with soap and water. Previous owner had dogs and it is covered with hair and also smells. Who knows if there is old dog pee in it? Just want to make sure all is clean. Don't want my children to be in it.

Or any other ideas on what you guys would do?

Thanking you in advance,
Kind regards

Last edited by First-Ford; 06-17-2019 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:00 PM

Received 108 Likes on 83 Posts

Not sure how easy of a job it is to remove carpet but I would just rent a carpet cleaner and use the hand held device to clean the seats and floor. I’ve done it before and it came out brand new.
The following 2 users liked this post by 5.0nly:
First-Ford (06-17-2019), Redf150sousa (03-01-2020)
Old 06-17-2019, 09:23 PM

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

I’ve not done it on this truck, but have done it on several others over the years. Basically you just unbolt and/or unscrew everything that sits on the carpet, ie seats, console, door sills etc. Start with the seats and work your way out.

For cleaning the carpet, I’d either replace it or use a lot of 409 and a pressure washer to clean it. You’d be amazed at the dirt that comes out.

Clean the carpet on a warm sunny day to dry it outside. Otherwise, it’ll stink like mildew.
The following users liked this post:
First-Ford (06-17-2019)
Old 06-17-2019, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by A930rocket
I’ve not done it on this truck, but have done it on several others over the years. Basically you just unbolt and/or unscrew everything that sits on the carpet, ie seats, console, door sills etc. Start with the seats and work your way out.

For cleaning the carpet, I’d either replace it or use a lot of 409 and a pressure washer to clean it. You’d be amazed at the dirt that comes out.

Clean the carpet on a warm sunny day to dry it outside. Otherwise, it’ll stink like mildew.

Yes sir, I do plan on using a pressure washer definitely. Wish I could find a DIY on removing the seats and interior. Lots of water would be a good thing. I have a drill with a brush attached to the end and was going to use that with soap to really agitate everything really good.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:02 PM

Received 434 Likes on 291 Posts

You don't want lots of water even with the carpet out. You want to spray it with a cleaner and suck it right back out.
Pull the seats and either rent a Rug Doctor or similar with an upholstery tool or borrow/buy a Bissell Little Green Machine....I use a Bissell Little Green with hot water/Simple Green on both seats and carpet. It does a fantastic job and had never harmed anything.
First-Ford (06-18-2019)
Old 06-17-2019, 11:57 PM

Received 1,527 Likes on 1,205 Posts

Do you have a center console or jump seat?
I just did it this weekend to my crew cab with flow through console. It took me like 3 hours to gut the interior (installing audio sound deadening).
It isn't that bad, 6 bolts on the rear seats, 4 for each front. Remove seat belt bolts attached to the seat. Pull front seats out. Remove B and C pillars if you have them (will have to remove seat belt star bolts on the top to remove the B pillar). Lots of little clips in the pillars so go slow! I removed the door seals so I could fit a small flat blade by each clip to help it. There are also bolts at the top of each pillar that will need to be removed.
First-Ford (06-18-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by jdunk54nl
Do you have a center console or jump seat?
I just did it this weekend to my crew cab with flow through console. It took me like 3 hours to gut the interior (installing audio sound deadening).
It isn't that bad, 6 bolts on the rear seats, 4 for each front. Remove seat belt bolts attached to the seat. Pull front seats out. Remove B and C pillars if you have them (will have to remove seat belt star bolts on the top to remove the B pillar). Lots of little clips in the pillars so go slow! I removed the door seals so I could fit a small flat blade by each clip to help it. There are also bolts at the top of each pillar that will need to be removed.

Thank you for this reply. I have the jump seat. I have suicide doors so 1 less pillar. Did you disconnect the battery? Reason I'm asking is that I have the manual seats but seats do have airbag in them. Was thinking if this gets to be too much, than maybe just remove the front seats, raise the rear seats and go with the rug doctor carpet cleaner machine.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 4,142 Likes on 2,841 Posts

Originally Posted by First-Ford
Thank you for this reply. I have the jump seat. I have suicide doors so 1 less pillar. Did you disconnect the battery? Reason I'm asking is that I have the manual seats but seats do have airbag in them. Was thinking if this gets to be too much, than maybe just remove the front seats, raise the rear seats and go with the rug doctor carpet cleaner machine.
if you remove them you need to do a reset of the occupant sensing of the passenger side...that requires the ford IDS scan tool. I would just use the carpet cleaner and leave the seats in
First-Ford (06-18-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by djfllmn
if you remove them you need to do a reset of the occupant sensing of the passenger side...that requires the ford IDS scan tool. I would just use the carpet cleaner and leave the seats in
Oh, THANK YOU so much for informing me of this. You saved me a huge headache.

Quick Reply: How do I remove carpet? Directions?