Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID Lighting Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID Lighting Issue

Hey Guys. New to the forum and the truck game. I have gotten my HID lights in for my high/low and fog lights. high/low works fine. left side fog works but right side does not. halogen light works perfectly in the socket but when installing the hid nothing. looks like the guy before me cut the fog light wires before and wired in a new connector but it is wired tight. sucks having one hid fog light and i cant figure out what is going on. Any ideas?? Thanks for the help
Old 09-09-2015, 07:19 AM

Received 613 Likes on 497 Posts

Usually hid lights run off 1 input and power the relay in the harness, first thing to check would be the harness wire, not sure where you are plugging in the halogen to test but usually that's a different input
Old 09-09-2015, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by kidastra
Usually hid lights run off 1 input and power the relay in the harness, first thing to check would be the harness wire, not sure where you are plugging in the halogen to test but usually that's a different input

The High/Low beam connects this way. I have the passenger plug set up for those. The way the fog lights work is that each light has a ballast with the two wires that plug into the light and a wire that the fog light cable plugs into to give power to the ballast. There is no relay for the fog lights. each one works independently. The halogen light plug is the same one that plugs into the ballast for power
Old 09-09-2015, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by eastpole1
The High/Low beam connects this way. I have the passenger plug set up for those. The way the fog lights work is that each light has a ballast with the two wires that plug into the light and a wire that the fog light cable plugs into to give power to the ballast. There is no relay for the fog lights. each one works independently. The halogen light plug is the same one that plugs into the ballast for power
Ok good to know, have you tried swapping ballasts over, leave the bulb in the socket and switch only the ballast, does the problem switch sides? If not do the same with the bulbs only, does the problem switch sides? I'll wait for your update
Old 09-09-2015, 04:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar problem with my HIDs...I sent them back, and got a different kit. The second kit worked perfectly. My guess is that these kits are made cheaply over-seas, and QA is non-existent. Try exchanging, or refunding and getting a different kit. Just be sure to match the color you want. I.E. 6k, 10k, or whatever.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by kidastra
Ok good to know, have you tried swapping ballasts over, leave the bulb in the socket and switch only the ballast, does the problem switch sides? If not do the same with the bulbs only, does the problem switch sides? I'll wait for your update
I have tried all combinations. Both hid lights and ballasts work just not on one side. I can look into exchanging as the other post mentioned. I'm on my phone do I can't respond directly to that messege. Had hids on every vehicle I own and never seen something like this. Super annoying. Thanks for your help so far guys
Old 09-09-2015, 08:51 PM

Check what voltage is being sent by the plugs on each side, possible got low voltage on 1

Quick Reply: HID Lighting Issue