Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!! Washing Tip

Old 04-19-2011, 07:28 PM
2010 Screw Lariat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! Washing Tip

Hey all. This may be an easy fix for most of you but I cant figure out what to do. See I've never really owned a truck that doesn't have a quarter inch of mud caked on to it daily. However my '10 Lariat Screw brings the neat freak out of me. Truck looks great after its baths except for one little thing. No matter how long i spend drying it, I still get a water streak coming out of my tailgate oval. This has now turned into a water stain that try as I might I just cant get off. Any suggestions on how to get rid of my little eyesore? Thanks!!
Old 04-19-2011, 07:33 PM
I Like Tires

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by cjkellner77
Hey all. This may be an easy fix for most of you but I cant figure out what to do. See I've never really owned a truck that doesn't have a quarter inch of mud caked on to it daily. However my '10 Lariat Screw brings the neat freak out of me. Truck looks great after its baths except for one little thing. No matter how long i spend drying it, I still get a water streak coming out of my tailgate oval. This has now turned into a water stain that try as I might I just cant get off. Any suggestions on how to get rid of my little eyesore? Thanks!!
I use any type of non-scented pledge or other brand but make sure it has wax! This is a good way to get rid of the water spots and bits of dust and wax it at same time. Does not replace a traditional wax job!
Old 04-19-2011, 07:40 PM

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

When I'm really intent on doing a good job then I'll dry each section as I go. Or if there's a problem area, like the tailgate then I'll respray it after I've finished doing the whole truck so I can dry it better. What happens to my truck is water will streak below the oval periodically for a few mins so I'll just keep drying it as it streaks down. I washed my truck today though and didn't bother drying it cause it was so hot (and I unfortunately couldn't wash it in the shade) it dried really fast. I have water streaks on some parts of my truck but none on the tailgate
Old 04-19-2011, 08:24 PM

Received 113 Likes on 88 Posts

To remove an already formed water spot... Quick detail spray or clay/wax.
To keep one from Forming.... I've actually used a leaf blower to blast all the water out of the nooks and crannies, then follow up with the towel.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:37 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

a wet vac does a good job too, sucks water right out of those crevices under the mirrors, door handles, tail lights, badges, etc.... without blowing it over the other parts.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:03 PM

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

I hand washed mine today and noticed sand and mud oozing out from under the bed caps near the rear of the bed on both sides. I used my air compressor with a blow gun attachment and blew it out. I'm sure there's a lot more under there. Guess I'll have to figure out how to take them off and clean under there.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skyhawk1
I hand washed mine today and noticed sand and mud oozing out from under the bed caps near the rear of the bed on both sides. I used my air compressor with a blow gun attachment and blew it out. I'm sure there's a lot more under there. Guess I'll have to figure out how to take them off and clean under there.
Personally I wouldn't be using a blow gun attachment to get it out. High Pressure + Sand = scratches.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Spots

I use a little vinegar in warm water with a cloth to remove water spots off my truck. I’ve been doing it on my boat’s engines cover for a while now, after reading it on a boat form.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://youtu.be/dVX2L3eDzAw

I use this ***ken Wax. I know its a little informecially but I use it on my boat and it takes off nearly anything.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

***ken wax is amazing for literally anything. I highly recommend it. Order the 6 pack though, it saves a lot and trust me you will love it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP!! Washing Tip