Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me pick my new floor mats/liners

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 08:19 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Help me pick my new floor mats/liners

Ok I spent a while searching here and elsewhere to get info on what floor mats to get.

I have 3 in mind but have ruled out one brand for the most part. I am in Wisconsin and I hunt, drive off road and work my truck. It's not a shopping cart. I need and want something that will protect my floors from mud, sand, water, and salt. Well and food and soda and such. I had my last Lariat for 12 years with the factory mats and the carpet took a beating. In Wisconsin the roadway is made of 3 things. Asphalt, concrete and Salt. Salt is the enemy here.

I am looking at front liners only at this point for my 2013 F-150 S-cab XLT. I don't have people in the back that often so I am not overly concerned at this point about the back. Yet.

I have been looking at the Husky liners, Aries 3D, and Weathertech.

I have ruled out (but not completely) the Husky liners. I have read that they like to curl at the edges. After watching some videos on Youtube I can see they don't like to lay flat at the sill. Now it is my understanding that they have a rubberized finish on them so they are slip resistant.

Aries 3D look very nice. Price is a little cheaper but not much. They fit and look nice. They appear to be pan like and would trap water and dirt and such without flowing out of the pan in a hard turn. I like that it is a non slip finish. I don't like the idea of my feet sliding around. At 5'6" I have a hard enough time getting my stumpy butt in my truck without having to worry about slipping on the mat when I plant my foot. However after watching a video where a guy poured coffee in the mat and then removed it and washed it off, I noticed that the mat had creased in the middle and seemed like it was there for good.

Lastly the Weathertech. I know there are many positive reviews and some fanatical people when it comes to this brand. It is hard to overlook the shear amount of positive reviews. I like the custom fit pan style of liner, but I am concerned that water will flow into the sill on stiff right turns. Then it will be all over. They also seem to fit very well. I do wonder about curling at the edges. It is also my understanding that they are quite slick when wet.

I know there have been threads about mats here.

The question I will ask, which I am sure some will not read, is this.

What made you choose the brand of floor mat that you have? and what do you feel sets them apart from the rest?
Old 10-10-2013, 08:26 PM

Received 67 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Flamethrower
Ok I spent a while searching here and elsewhere to get info on what floor mats to get.

I have 3 in mind but have ruled out one brand for the most part. I am in Wisconsin and I hunt, drive off road and work my truck. It's not a shopping cart. I need and want something that will protect my floors from mud, sand, water, and salt. Well and food and soda and such. I had my last Lariat for 12 years with the factory mats and the carpet took a beating. In Wisconsin the roadway is made of 3 things. Asphalt, concrete and Salt. Salt is the enemy here.

I am looking at front liners only at this point for my 2013 F-150 S-cab XLT. I don't have people in the back that often so I am not overly concerned at this point about the back. Yet.

I have been looking at the Husky liners, Aries 3D, and Weathertech.

I have ruled out (but not completely) the Husky liners. I have read that they like to curl at the edges. After watching some videos on Youtube I can see they don't like to lay flat at the sill. Now it is my understanding that they have a rubberized finish on them so they are slip resistant.

Aries 3D look very nice. Price is a little cheaper but not much. They fit and look nice. They appear to be pan like and would trap water and dirt and such without flowing out of the pan in a hard turn. I like that it is a non slip finish. I don't like the idea of my feet sliding around. At 5'6" I have a hard enough time getting my stumpy butt in my truck without having to worry about slipping on the mat when I plant my foot. However after watching a video where a guy poured coffee in the mat and then removed it and washed it off, I noticed that the mat had creased in the middle and seemed like it was there for good.

Lastly the Weathertech. I know there are many positive reviews and some fanatical people when it comes to this brand. It is hard to overlook the shear amount of positive reviews. I like the custom fit pan style of liner, but I am concerned that water will flow into the sill on stiff right turns. Then it will be all over. They also seem to fit very well. I do wonder about curling at the edges. It is also my understanding that they are quite slick when wet.

I know there have been threads about mats here.

The question I will ask, which I am sure some will not read, is this.

What made you choose the brand of floor mat that you have? and what do you feel sets them apart from the rest?
I have the Husky Weatherbeaters. They are "pan type" as you mention and i have experienced no curling. I chose them over weathertech because they stay put and have a more rubbery feel. They are also significantly cheaper. I got my set for under $100 on ebay.

If Husky was not an option, I would chose Aries over Weathertech.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:31 PM

Received 93 Likes on 87 Posts

I have the WEATHERTECH and i'm very happy with them after 1 year. I live in sandy soil and and the sand stays trapped in the liner and no problems with curling on mine.

Last edited by redfred; 10-10-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a full set of Weathertech digital fits (front and back for a Screw) on Craigslist last week for 100 bucks. Like new. I also have a pair of them in my wife's Terrain. Both sets fit well, and I've had the set in the Terrain for about 2 years. They are like new after that time, don't slide around, and keep the carpeting in perfect condition. We're transplanted Yoopers and visit there often in the winter - these things have seen snow.

I honestly chose the ones in my truck because I found a good deal on a used set. My wife got hers as a christmas present (her dad is a Chevy mechanic and swears by these). Overall though, they're doing the job in her vehicle and we love them. Hope that helps.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh man.... Here we go again.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:14 PM

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Did somebody say curling?

Weathertek is overpriced plastic junk. Buyer beware.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:18 PM

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Another option is Fomoco all weather mats. Heavy duty rubber, not plastic like Weathertek. Coverage does not go quite to the edges like Weatherteck, but what good is all that coverage if it doesn't stay put? What good is coverage if the walls curl over and allows **** to get back there anyway?

Finally, Weathertek is $230 shipped for SCREW. Fomoco mats are $70 shipped. You choose...

Old 10-10-2013, 09:21 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Weather techs... But I must say. Good grief man... It's only floor mats lol. Way to serious about this decision. ...lol
Old 10-10-2013, 09:34 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by benelli_t
Weather techs... But I must say. Good grief man... It's only floor mats lol. Way to serious about this decision. ...lol
I have never owned a brand new vehicle of any kind in my life, and I have had plenty. I had my last truck 12 years. Bought it when it was 3 years old. This one will have to last at least 10 years. I am really trying to get it to look nice as long as possible.

Everyone knows I tend to be overzealous about maintenance with my vehicles. I guess that is why they all last a long time. This is just another thing for my to be nuts about. I am sure I am over thinking it, but it has to be functional, look good and last the life of the truck if possible.

I am a firm believer of buy cheap=pay twice, or buy once, cry once.

Last edited by Flamethrower; 10-10-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:34 PM

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

I feel your pain man. I weighed the decision and finally price was the deciding factor and I bought the husky weatherbeaters. Also my parents have the husky weatherbeaters in both of their vehicles and have had them in their previous 4runner for years and never seen any curling. I am very happy with my purchase. I like that they have the nubbins to keep them in place and are so easy to maintain and clean. The fit is great also. My father in law bought the weather techs for his f150 and no real difference except a harder more slippery surface. That's what made me save the money.

Quick Reply: Help me pick my new floor mats/liners