Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help. Fox or King?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help. Fox or King?

I have a 09 2WD with 33" tires. I want to get the best bolt ons i can front and back with 2k. What should I go with?

The quotes I've gotten put the Kings about $600 more than Fox. Are they worth it?

Quick answers from anyone who has Fox or King would be appreciated. I need to get these on before i go down to the san felipe 250 march 10.

Muchos Gracias
Old 02-24-2012, 09:58 PM

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

I upgraded my fox shock on my raptor to king and could not be happier. What exactly do you do with your truck? If you hit lots of dunes, or rough trails the kings are the way to go, but if its for light off roading than fox will be what you are looking for.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when i go down to mexico every couple months i do some heavy off roading.. otherwise just street. It would be nice to handle the trails down there better..
kings sound like the way to go

thanks for your help!
Old 02-25-2012, 02:25 PM

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Hands down, King. I have been running a set for 5 years now, and could not be happier with the performance and durability of the King shocks. Their service is outstanding too

I have ridden in all manner of truck brands will all manner of aftermarket suspension setups from Camburg, DR, Fox, fab, PC, etc... They are all nice stuff, but once you have ridden in a truck with Kings you will easily tell the difference and be sold.

If you are going to be trading out the shocks for Kings, I'd also suggest trading the ball joints for uni-ball/heim joint setups where applicable, step up for some Camburg uni-ball Upper control arms, and look into some deaver +2 or +1 springs to go all spring outback and get rid of the blocks; these modifications paired with the kings will handle a desert pounding beautifully.

Last edited by FX4life; 02-25-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Help. Fox or King?