Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hellwig Sway bars and Rancho shocks mod...

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 12:23 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Hellwig Sway bars and Rancho shocks mod...

New guy here. I am considering a 2" lift on a late model F150 Screw short-bed, but also realize this truck is destined to be a pavement queen 90% of the time, and a uber cush ride interest me the most. After researching shocks which target highway use the majority of the time, I have zeroed in on the Rancho 9000 (the new and improved version). The Bilsteins came in second, but the reviews stating a harsher ride than the Rancho's ruled them out for me.

I would also like to add Hellwig sway bars front and back, to help in the cornering ability of this truck, but I also understand that sway bars can take away from my desired uber cush ride. This truck will not be bashed around off road... I am after good street and highway manners, and I am really not concerned about how my mods might negatively impact the trucks 4x abilities.

My question(s) are, with the Rancho shocks set on maybe a 4 or 5 or similar setting, do you think this will wash out the harsher ride from the Hellwig sway bars? Lastly, anything I should know about doing a 2" lift which would negatively impact my desired compliant ride from my minor mods mentioned above?

Go easy on me, I am new at this and here to learn. Thank you in advance.

Quick Reply: Hellwig Sway bars and Rancho shocks mod...