Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

have a SYNC question

Old 08-13-2016, 03:47 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default have a SYNC question

just curious if anyone else is having the same issue

I have a ' 13 FX4 with my ford touch (NO NAV) and just had the dealer update it a couple of weeks ago. Ever since, even though i have them turned on in settings,my air conditioned seats DO NOT come on with climate control when i remote start. At the same time, I"ve noticed the reverse driver assist chime is only working intermittently. Before this that beep was almost intrusive. The system was extremely sensitive but it was a trade off i was willing to make. i would get a beep when starting to back up in a parking lot and someone would pass behind me. Now, nothing. I'm wondering if this is some kind of glitch or if anyone else is having the same issue. Thanks for any responses
Old 08-13-2016, 04:10 PM

Received 482 Likes on 354 Posts

I don't know about your reverse sensors and chime, but for seat heat/cooler situation on remote start, your settings probably got re-set to "default" when they flashed the system. You have to go into the "settings" in your command panel (the little mid-section of your dash board that you access with the buttons on your steering wheel). Go into there and then change the setting for the AC, seats, etc. for when you remote start. They are probably "off" right now, and need to be set to "auto" to have them either use AC when it's hot, or heat when it's cold.

EDIT: I just realized you said you DO have them set to either ON or AUTO in your settings, but they still are not working right. Maybe you need to either disconnect the negative battery terminal for half an hour or so, or just have the dealer re-flash everything. I don't know for sure, but it's gotta be a software glitch that can easily be remedied.
Old 08-13-2016, 04:14 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That was the first thing I checked, they're set to auto. Thats why Im having a hard time figuring out whats going on

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: have a SYNC question