Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Griot's Garage: What Do You Think???

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 08:29 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Griot's Garage: What Do You Think???

I'm sure most people here have at least tried products from Griot's Garage. How about laying out what products you've tried, which ones you like the most, and if there is value for the purchase. Do their products perform as promised? Do they make taking care of your truck an easier and/or more enjoyable task?

And, hey, give a shout out if you have other favorites too.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Slow but comfortable

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up

I've used most of thier products. Very good products but pricey. Natural wax instead of synthetic. It's all about personal taste. I use Griots on my motorcycle but Zaino & Dodo Juice on my vehicles. I went to a Griots product show in Rockville, Maryland several years ago. Two guys from Griots worked on 2 cars. 67 GTO (original paint ) and a new Porshe 911. Very impressive when you know what your doing.

Brad
Old 11-04-2011, 09:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love Griots Garage products. So far I have:

Random Orbital
One step paint sealant/polish
Clay Bar
Speed Shine
Spray on wax (have not used yet)
Car wash
Wash bucket
Bug off
Interior cleaner
Leather cleaner
Leather conditioner
Spray on wheel cleaner
Rubber cleaner
Vinyl dressing
Window cleaner with no lint disposable cloths
Several different microfiber cloths
Cotton cloths

Great great products -all of them. Can't comment on the Spray on wax as I simply haven't used it yet. Probably will next time I do a good thorough wash. If I had a spare 100k laying around my whole garage would be "Griot'd" out.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:19 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BillK
I love Griots Garage products. So far I have:

Random Orbital
One step paint sealant/polish
Clay Bar
Speed Shine
Spray on wax (have not used yet)
Car wash
Wash bucket
Bug off
Interior cleaner
Leather cleaner
Leather conditioner
Spray on wheel cleaner
Rubber cleaner
Vinyl dressing
Window cleaner with no lint disposable cloths
Several different microfiber cloths
Cotton cloths

Great great products -all of them. Can't comment on the Spray on wax as I simply haven't used it yet. Probably will next time I do a good thorough wash. If I had a spare 100k laying around my whole garage would be "Griot'd" out.
x2 on all of that plus the wheel clay and glass clay and some other odds and ends. No complaints, truck looks like glass when I finish, worth the money. I do use the Meguiars Deep Crystal Wash though. I just like the results that I get more than the Griots car wash. Just personal pref. Also NOTHING and I do mean NOTHING beats Stoner Invisible Glass with just crumpled up newspaper rather than a paper towel or "lint free" glass cloth. I didn't believe that something with newsprint could get my glass clean but its true. Just crumple up the front page of the Times or Post and go to town (make sure you wear latex/vinyl gloves to keep it off of you though).

Last edited by VolFire; 11-04-2011 at 11:23 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Curmudgeon

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use the Griot spray-on wax every time I wash the truck and I think it works pretty well. My routine is to run the truck through a "touch-less" car wash, let the car wash blow as much water off as it can before the timer runs out, then wipe down the truck with the spray-on wax and a soft drying towel. I try to move quickly to avoid water spotting. Just spray on the wax a section at a time, then wipe it off with the drying towel, and turn the towel to buff out. I can do the whole truck with one of Griot's big drying towels. The paint is shiny and slick when I'm done. However, my truck is white, so I don't have to be as critical with my buff-out as I probably would with a dark color. On the other hand, a friend as a Flex in tuxedo black and he uses the same method.

I have a bottle of the Griot undercarriage cleaner, but haven't used it yet. My friend with the Flex (who also has 4 Mustangs, an Escape, and an F250) swears by it.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:00 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

how does that glass clay work. I have a Fusion with some hard water spots on the LR window that I cant get off. Think it would help?
Old 11-06-2011, 06:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

15% off code EMXBSB from 11/3 to 11/9. Should still work - I just used it.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally havent heard about these guys. The past 4 years I've been using Adam's Polishes. All their products are fantastic and the customer service is awesome. I ordered a couple bottles of polish and some other products from Adams and before I could use them I got deployed. Because the wax was sitting for so long, it turned a weird color and hardened up. I called Adams, and with no questions, they sent me exactly what I ordered for free. Now thats what I call customer service, and for that reason, I will keep giving them my business.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:14 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

@RmWillard
I would have to say Adams is definitely the best cleaning products I've ever used. Always got compliments on my 04 DSG f150 people asking if it was custom paint.

Never tried any of the griot stuff but I might just have to on the new truck for comparison.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:04 AM
09 FX4

Received 179 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by VolFire
x2 on all of that plus the wheel clay and glass clay and some other odds and ends. No complaints, truck looks like glass when I finish, worth the money. I do use the Meguiars Deep Crystal Wash though. I just like the results that I get more than the Griots car wash. Just personal pref. Also NOTHING and I do mean NOTHING beats Stoner Invisible Glass with just crumpled up newspaper rather than a paper towel or "lint free" glass cloth. I didn't believe that something with newsprint could get my glass clean but its true. Just crumple up the front page of the Times or Post and go to town (make sure you wear latex/vinyl gloves to keep it off of you though).
Then you haven't tried Meguiar's Glass Cleaner:

http://www.autogeek.net/mg12001.html

I have used Stoner's for a long time and is a great product. I definitely used it up before making the switch. The Meguiar's glass cleaner just seams to streak less when starting on dirtier windshields and has a grape scent which is great for doing interior's. And is very cost effective, $20 will make you 11 gallons of cleaner.

As far as Griot's, I think their best product and is the only one that I currently use is their Wheel Cleaner and HD Wheel Cleaners

http://www.autogeek.net/griots-wheel-cleaner-128.html

http://www.autogeek.net/griots-hd-wheel-cleaner.html

Use the standard on well maintained wheels and the HD version on dirtier wheels. They both suds up very well, are pH balanced, regular doesn't have bad smell and with scrubbing work great. They are inline as far as costs w/ other products but the HD doesn't get used alot.

Quick Reply: Griot's Garage: What Do You Think???