Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great to have quiet time off by yourself

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 11:05 AM

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Great to have quiet time off by yourself

Had a day off from work and the the use of an empty garage with a lift and enjoying the peace and quiet.
No kids, dogs, phones, wife or even a helper. Just me and my F150 and tool box.
Started at the front of the truck and worked to the back. Oil change, Fumoto drain valve, oil filter, PCV, cleaned battery connections, upgraded my grille. Changed the front axle Lub, Replaced the front struts with Bilsteins, check the pads and front end parts. Some nice fresh black paint here and there. Next up the Transmission, new filter, gasket and oil. Transfer case super easy. Back the rear axle, fluid change and paint the cover. Now for the rear Bilsteins. Added some brackets to my rear wheel liners and never seize to the wheel hub surfaces. Replaced a couple of lug nuts. Dropped the spare, lubed the tire winch and some more paint on the underside of the bed and touched up the spare wheel. Even shined up the exhaust tip...Yea.
Getting to the tailgate .... LED backup bulbs and small leds mounted to the underside of my tonneau cover with a disconnect and switch wired to the the taillights. All and all a great trouble free day ........ like I was on vacation.

Hope you guys get to have a great day once and a while also.
Old 01-20-2019, 12:28 AM

Received 108 Likes on 83 Posts

Nothing is better than working on my truck in absolute peace. Whether it be mechanical or cosmetic work. Great stress reliever.

Quick Reply: Great to have quiet time off by yourself