Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gotts Mod???

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Proud XL owner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Gotts Mod???

I have been reading about the Gotts mod. I've read a lot from people arguing whether or not to do it. I may have just not found it yet but I'm trying to find the pros and cons for doing it on my 2010. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Palmetto Pride

Received 198 Likes on 152 Posts

Just get a CAI too many arguments for and against it...no reason to take something off the truck that's there for a reason, get a kit that is made to give you the flow then you will have no problems
Old 06-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Proud XL owner

Originally Posted by Moody Blue
Just get a CAI too many arguments for and against it...no reason to take something off the truck that's there for a reason, get a kit that is made to give you the flow then you will have no problems
Thanks!
Old 06-09-2012, 06:45 PM
A has been that never was

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

I only did it for the sound. There is no good reason to do it other than that. If you do it, take out the rubber flap shield thing that the snorkel pokes through, so you still get cool air. Do a drop in filter and your good to go.

What engine do you have? If its the 5.4 take out the intake silencers by replacing the intake tube. Do all that, and you just saved yourself 400 on a cold air intake unit. Its all for show and sound anyway budd.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:49 PM

Received 68 Likes on 63 Posts
Default hmm

Originally Posted by PRNDL
I only did it for the sound. There is no good reason to do it other than that. If you do it, take out the rubber flap shield thing that the snorkel pokes through, so you still get cool air. Do a drop in filter and your good to go.

What engine do you have? If its the 5.4 take out the intake silencers by replacing the intake tube. Do all that, and you just saved yourself 400 on a cold air intake unit. Its all for show and sound anyway budd.
is there a thread where he can go to that shows him pics of someone doing that?

myself, when i did the gotts, i loosened the hose clamp near the MAF, i removed the air filter, and driver side headlight, big channel pliers, squeezed and pushed the baffle out.

is there a easier way?
Old 06-09-2012, 06:52 PM
One BAMF here

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took it out on mine. Didn't notice anything other than some more sound. It has a very nice intake noise now. Loud enough you'll hear it and quiet enough that the wife isn't annoyed.

If you're looking for performance gains then obviously spending the money on an intake would be the way to go. But if you just want a little more growl, pulling it out is only free.99
Old 06-10-2012, 12:55 AM
Proud XL owner

Thanks, is there a good site to get a replacement tube? Everywhere I check just has CAI's, or a place in the threads to make my own.
Also I really appreciate the help, I've never done any work to any vehicles and this forum and YouTube have gotten all my work done for me. I haven't quite gotten searching and narrowing down my results on this site yet so any little bit helps.
It is the 5.4
Old 06-10-2012, 01:16 AM
Proud XL owner

I have also been reading up and I've read a lot about needing a custom tuner before I do any work. I have no idea what this is and could use a little info on this. Still messing with the searches but still trying to learn all I can.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:35 AM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

????? Just replace the wart looking thing with a straight tube ???
Old 06-10-2012, 01:36 AM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Hunter Birkelbach
I have been reading about the Gotts mod. I've read a lot from people arguing whether or not to do it. I may have just not found it yet but I'm trying to find the pros and cons for doing it on my 2010. Thanks for the help.

I did it about 2 months ago. Found NO difference in sound/performance or value ( the .75 hour wasted doing it ).

Quick Reply: Gotts Mod???