Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Google Pixel 3a XL will not connect to Ford Sync Bluetooth

Old 06-08-2019, 07:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Google Pixel 3a XL will not connect to Ford Sync Bluetooth

2014 F150 does not connect to Google 3a XL using Bluetooth. It simply is not recognized by the phone when I try to pair with it. I've gone into Developer Mode and changed Bluetooth AVRCP versions to all available options and none worked.

Has anyone else, seen this problem? Has anyone fixed it? BTW, I'd like to update my SYNC software but it doesn't work...so that's another issue.
Old 06-09-2019, 11:39 AM

Received 155 Likes on 82 Posts

Updating sync is the only chance you have of getting it to recognize that phone. I have the same problem with my Pixel OG.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Interesting...I had a pixel xl og, pixel 2 xl, and now a One Plus 7 Pro and they all connected to my 2014 with sync MFT. What version sync are you running? And are you rooted or running anything crazy on the pixel 3? I would think if the OP 7 Pro works the 3a would as well.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:08 AM

Received 154 Likes on 90 Posts

My pixel 3xl connects to my base sync 1 radio just fine, thank god. Just another reason to use the sync module for target practice.

Maybe try a different ROM to see if its a software issue on the pixel?
Old 06-10-2019, 01:06 PM

Received 2,101 Likes on 1,725 Posts

And my 3a connects to Sync3 in my 2013 no problem.
Old 06-10-2019, 04:55 PM

Received 155 Likes on 82 Posts

I'll be in my truck trying to connect SYNC to my Pixel and my Pixel will find every Bluetooth device in North America, except the one sitting right in front of it....my trucks SYNC. It's very annoying. 2013 non-MFT with Sync
Old 06-10-2019, 10:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FIXED--Google Pixel 3a XL will not connect to Ford Sync Bluetooth

Thanks for the responses. I never was able to get Sync to recognize my USB drive with the updated files...I guess I'll have to live with the version that I have. And the Ford web site is pathetic.

However, I took it into my local dealership and they got me connected with my Pixel 3a. Kudos to Cody at Ray Schultens Ford in the Dalles, OR.

I believe the root cause was that Sync was continuously trying to connect to my old Samsung and not broadcasting to new devices to pair with. As someone else noted, my phone showed all kinds of other Bluetooth devices but never SYNC. Anyway, he deleted my old phone from Sync's list and then SYNC apparently started broadcasting because it showed up on my phone.
The following users liked this post:
hinglemccringleberry (06-11-2019)
Old 06-11-2019, 10:09 AM

Received 2,101 Likes on 1,725 Posts

The complete and utter failure of Sync2 to consistently work with USB drives is a big part of why I upgraded to Sync3. Which does work just fine with my same USB drive.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:12 PM

Received 1,039 Likes on 652 Posts

Originally Posted by half-ton
Thanks for the responses. I never was able to get Sync to recognize my USB drive with the updated files...I guess I'll have to live with the version that I have. And the Ford web site is pathetic.

However, I took it into my local dealership and they got me connected with my Pixel 3a. Kudos to Cody at Ray Schultens Ford in the Dalles, OR.

I believe the root cause was that Sync was continuously trying to connect to my old Samsung and not broadcasting to new devices to pair with. As someone else noted, my phone showed all kinds of other Bluetooth devices but never SYNC. Anyway, he deleted my old phone from Sync's list and then SYNC apparently started broadcasting because it showed up on my phone.
Sorry, just saw this. That is what I had to do. Remove old phone from system and then go in and tell it to pair with a new phone. You can pair a second phone without deleting the first if you want more than one connected by going in and telling it to pair with another phone. You just have to tell it which will be the primary if both phones are in the truck at the same time. I believe it asks at the time of pairing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Google Pixel 3a XL will not connect to Ford Sync Bluetooth