Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good price for loaded FX4 '09 SCrew?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 08:56 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Good price for loaded FX4 '09 SCrew?

First of all, hi to all you F150 owners out there. I'm hoping to join the club!

As the title suggests, I'm currently negotiating with a local dealer on an '09 FX4 Super Crew. Link to truck (please anyone local don't come in and steal my 'hopefully' new baby).

The story goes like this, went to test drive the truck about 2 weeks ago. They said they just got the truck in and have no room to move on it. It is a hot truck that they already got a lot of interest in. I say, whatever, I'm not paying asking price for the truck, no way. Fast forward to today, I went back to see what they would do on the vehicle now that it has been on the lot for a few weeks. Long story short, after a good 2 hours of negotiating I have them down to $28,300 ($1,600 off asking price) on the truck. Additionally, I got them to move from $6,900 on my trade (a joke) to $8,000 for a 2005 Dodge Dakota Quadcab 4x4 4.7 litre.

Does this seem like a good deal to everyone out there in F150 land? The truck doesn't have the nav system or the sony stereo; other then that, it has everything under the sun. The dealer put new crappy goodyears on it, the oem goodyear wranglers are gone. They claim to have replaced the brakes, but it looks like that just means the pads, original rotors.

This is getting long. . .just looking for opinions, if you have any questions on the truck let me.

I need to move on this fairly quickly, so all responses are welcome!
Old 02-15-2011, 10:58 PM
Fords For Life

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

How many miles are on it?? Unless it has absolutely no miles I would not pay that much for it. I just bought a new 2010 FX4 loaded with the luxury package and I paid 33K out the door. For a 2 year old truck I would not pay that. I would pay somewhere around 25K depending on miles give me as much info as you can such as state, miles, color, and defects, and I can give you a better guess?
Old 02-15-2011, 11:11 PM

The truck has 33k miles on it, from New York State (Buffalo), luxury package, Flame Blue, SCrew. The body seems to be free of any nicks or scratches (and I am picky), the interior has a few scratches just below the small cubby compartment to the right of the main dash cluster near where the passengers left leg would be. But other then that, the vehicle is clean. It definitely never towed anything judging by the hitch reciever's prestine factory paint.

As far as paying $25,000 for it, that was my hope and actually where I started my negotitions, but it really became obvious that that wasn't going to happen in my little part of the world. A few comparables out there were all XLTs, a few with the chrome package and they all had asking prices of $25,000+. No leather, most just extended cabs, no locking diff, etc., etc. I did see a '10 FX4 extended cab with 15k miles on it, but they wanted $31,000+ for that bad boy. That was the closest comparable I could find.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:20 PM

Oh, it also has the 20" rims and the secure code entry system which I think are options.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:30 PM
Fords For Life

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

i think your trade in should be more than that depending on the trim and mileage I would expect to get ATLEAST 9K maybe more. If you can I would sell that in a private sale or tell them to decrease the price of the new vehicle because at that trade in value they will make 5-8K alone. Stick to your guns and keep fighting the good fight.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:31 PM

Location: After 20 + years in the foothills of the Sierras; I am now [back] in the south-end of Sunny SoCal!
Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by jjm1024
First of all, hi to all you F150 owners out there. I'm hoping to join the club!

As the title suggests, I'm currently negotiating with a local dealer on an '09 FX4 Super Crew. Link to truck (please anyone local don't come in and steal my 'hopefully' new baby).

The story goes like this, went to test drive the truck about 2 weeks ago. They said they just got the truck in and have no room to move on it. It is a hot truck that they already got a lot of interest in. I say, whatever, I'm not paying asking price for the truck, no way. Fast forward to today, I went back to see what they would do on the vehicle now that it has been on the lot for a few weeks. Long story short, after a good 2 hours of negotiating I have them down to $28,300 ($1,600 off asking price) on the truck. Additionally, I got them to move from $6,900 on my trade (a joke) to $8,000 for a 2005 Dodge Dakota Quadcab 4x4 4.7 litre.

Does this seem like a good deal to everyone out there in F150 land? The truck doesn't have the nav system or the sony stereo; other then that, it has everything under the sun. The dealer put new crappy goodyears on it, the oem goodyear wranglers are gone. They claim to have replaced the brakes, but it looks like that just means the pads, original rotors.

This is getting long. . .just looking for opinions, if you have any questions on the truck let me.

I need to move on this fairly quickly, so all responses are welcome!

Not sure how things are priced in your region, but in my area of north/central CA, '09 (4X4) trucks like this with similar mileage (33,000) are going for about $26,000 to $27,500. There are a bunch of them on line, in the $22-23K range, but they are 2X's.

Keep in mind though, that you can't have it on both ends; if you have a trade, and want more for it, then there may have to be some push-back on how much they will discount the vehicle you are purchasing. And since it is a used, not a new truck, it all depends on how much they are into it, when they took it in on trade. Most dealers have a bottom number which they will not go below for their unit profit.

Some times, depending on the specific vehicle, you can do better with trading in on a new vehicle, as there may be more profit flexibility and other mfg. incentives in the new vehicle. I am sure you have looked at the trade-in and retail values of both vehicles in the KBB.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a high price around here in Texas.

With dealers trying to get rid of 10 inventory they are drastically cutting deals. I have heard of a lot of guys knocking 10k off the 10 price. If they won't do it then maybe make a road trip to a dealer that will. I have traveled a couple cities away for the right deal before.

Good luck with it
Old 02-16-2011, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Granted it was about 18 months ago but I paid 32,500 for my 09 FX4, had 2,100 miles on it and was loaded except for a sunroof and a few little things though it did already have tint and a bed cover. The window sticker I pulled up showd about 43,500 new
Old 02-16-2011, 12:12 AM

That price is high for that truck with 33k miles I would keep shopping.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:18 AM

If it was me I would clean your truck up and sell it myself for $10K+ and then go buy a brand new 2010. Financing on a new truck should be in the 3% range and you will have a full 3 year warranty plus the resell will be higher.

Quick Reply: Good price for loaded FX4 '09 SCrew?