Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Price for 2011 FX4 Extended Cab?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 10:48 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Good Price for 2011 FX4 Extended Cab?

MSRP is $42,790. The dealer price $39,249. They said I am eligible for $2,500 in rebates bringing the price to $36,749 or 0% for 60 months. I also have the $750 coupon from the mail which brings me down to $35,999 + tax, title tag.

I could do x-plan which is $39,641 + rebates. From looking around the forum here, I thought I maybe able to do better then $400 less then x-plan. Also, I believe I am only eligible for $1,500 in rebates.

This has only been negotiated through email and now they want me to come to the dealership, which makes me think they could move a little more on the truck. I was originally going to buy used until the new 2011 engines came out. Now I am having a hard time bringing myself to get the old 5.4 after reading so much about the Ecoboost and the improved mpg, hp, torque curve.

I was planning on building and ordering a truck until I heard about not being able to get the nav system unless it is standard equipment due to the quakes out in Japan. My major requirements are (in order of importance to me) Ecoboost, FX4, 6.5' box, Screw, Leather, Nav, Moonroof.

The only thing this truck is lacking is the Screw. I have a '05 Dakota Quadcab right now, and honestly never have anyone in the back. I do use it for my dog a lot (85 lb german shepherd) and for camping gear and random stuff. I'm just wondering if I need it or if I just think I need it. How would the F150 sucide doors/extended cab combo compare to the Dakota full door/quad cab combo?

Just looking for opinions. Do you think a dealer will make a better deal on a lot car or doesn't it matter?

Thanks for the help!

FYI, window sticker:
services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FTFX1ET6BFA92696
Old 05-06-2011, 11:01 AM
Senior almost

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thats a lot to pay not to get what you want. also whats the intrest rate if you dont get 0% how much in intrest in the loan if you get the rebate.. Find what makes it best for you in the long run and go for that... My opinion...
Old 05-06-2011, 11:53 AM

Thanks for the thoughts. . . Love your dog btw. Same traditional coloring as my little girl, Penny!

I couldn't find a more recent picture of her, but this is from around Christmas time (she's a little more filled out now)
Attached Thumbnails Good Price for 2011 FX4 Extended Cab?-penny.jpg  
Old 05-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Driver

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Ive found there to be plenty of room in the back of my Scab.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi I have a 2011 FX4 Eco screw and I love it I had a 2010 FX4 scab. Much more room in the super crew and having the actual four doors is great I would never go back.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Boost Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I am looking for almost teh identical truck you have described, but the one adder for me was I want Blue Flame and the 20" wheels. The truck you have there also has teh shorter bed. I want the 6.5 bed myself. I finally told myself that I would just order one and get it exactly the way I want. I was initially on the fence about the NAV but ordered it anyway, then was told I couldnt get it....Kinda sucked because I thought I had my mind made up then, and I am also the type that likes gadgets and technology. But then again, I dont think I would have used it much....So thats teh only downside to what I have ordered.

If anyone finds a Blue Flame SCREW FX4, 20" wheels, Luxury package, with the trailer brake controller, and NAV with sunroof let me know!
Old 05-06-2011, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by egbertnr

If anyone finds a Blue Flame SCREW FX4, 20" wheels, Luxury package, with the trailer brake controller, and NAV with sunroof let me know!
I call first dibbs on that truck!!! I've been searching, especially now taht you can't get the nav as an option. I prefer the blue flame too, but I'd settle for the grey.

I think I posted something in the blue flame thread that I am looking for the same exact truck you are.

Also, I thought the 145" wb + scab = 6.5' box, 145" wb + supercrew = 5.5' box, 157" wb + screw = 6.5' box. . guess that leaves me wondering what would be the scab/5.5 box combo.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:38 PM

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by jjm1024
The only thing this truck is lacking is the Screw. I have a '05 Dakota Quadcab right now, and honestly never have anyone in the back. I do use it for my dog a lot (85 lb german shepherd) and for camping gear and random stuff. I'm just wondering if I need it or if I just think I need it. How would the F150 sucide doors/extended cab combo compare to the Dakota full door/quad cab combo?
I don't have people in the back in mine often, but I bought a screw for four reasons. 1. Capacity to haul more things inside the cab. Not everything I need to haul do I want in the bed unprotected or subjected to the weather. 2. The "supercab shuffle" in crowded parking lots is a pain 3. For my dog(s). All you have to do is flip up the seats and they have a ton of room. 4. I plan on keeping my truck for 10 years, maybe more. I'm 23 now so sometime in those 10+ years I might have a family so the screw would be better suited for that. If you want a screw, get it. If you dont, you won't be completely happy with your truck and you'll feel compelled to trade it in soon for what you really wanted. There's threads on here constantly of people trading in their trucks within a year or two (sometimes even the same year) just because they settled the first time around instead of getting exactly what they wanted from the get go
Old 05-06-2011, 02:40 PM

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by jjm1024
Also, I thought the 145" wb + scab = 6.5' box, 145" wb + supercrew = 5.5' box, 157" wb + screw = 6.5' box. . guess that leaves me wondering what would be the scab/5.5 box combo.
They no longer make scabs with 5.5' boxes anymore, except for the Raptor. The last year that was an option was either 09 or 10
Old 05-06-2011, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by cegan1825
I don't have people in the back in mine often, but I bought a screw for four reasons. 1. Capacity to haul more things inside the cab. Not everything I need to haul do I want in the bed unprotected or subjected to the weather. 2. The "supercab shuffle" in crowded parking lots is a pain 3. For my dog(s). All you have to do is flip up the seats and they have a ton of room. 4. I plan on keeping my truck for 10 years, maybe more. I'm 23 now so sometime in those 10+ years I might have a family so the screw would be better suited for that. If you want a screw, get it. If you dont, you won't be completely happy with your truck and you'll feel compelled to trade it in soon for what you really wanted. There's threads on here constantly of people trading in their trucks within a year or two (sometimes even the same year) just because they settled the first time around instead of getting exactly what they wanted from the get go
Very good points above. Four full doors, room for the dog, plus kids in the future (getting married this July). I'll also keep the truck for a long time so these are important points.

I'll probably just wait for the FX4, Screw, Eco with Nav. . . It just maybe a while, I heard that Ford won't be optioning the Nav system until at least 2012. . . . Must.not.be.impatient!

I guess it will give me more time to save some $$$$. These bad boys are pricy!!!

Quick Reply: Good Price for 2011 FX4 Extended Cab?