Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"In gear" signal wire

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 10:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default "In gear" signal wire

I am adding DRLs. The dealer can turn on DRLs in my '13 but it will make the amber turn signals turn on, which I don't think will look good with my DRLs. I have been searching for a signal wire somewhere that gets power when the truck is out of park. Finding an ignition power wire is easy, but I wanted to have them behave like the factory DRLs would. Anyone know if there is any such thing so I don't waste any more time than I already have?
Old 06-11-2015, 10:14 AM

Received 260 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Lunchbox!
I am adding DRLs. The dealer can turn on DRLs in my '13 but it will make the amber turn signals turn on, which I don't think will look good with my DRLs. I have been searching for a signal wire somewhere that gets power when the truck is out of park. Finding an ignition power wire is easy, but I wanted to have them behave like the factory DRLs would. Anyone know if there is any such thing so I don't waste any more time than I already have?

For '13 and '14, the DRL on trucks with the HIDs are only the amber turn signal lights at full power. Trucks without and those from prior years are the headlights at reduced power. Your dealer might be able to choose whether it is the headlights or the ambers if you don't have the HID lights. I would let them make the change as the DRLs come on when in gear and off when in park. I am in Canada so everyone has DRLS. Personally, I like just the ambers.

Quick Reply: "In gear" signal wire