Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gauge cluster lens

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 12:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Gauge cluster lens

Does anyone elses gauge cluster lens creak and squeak like crazy? Going down the highway its non stop and highly annoying. If i press on it hard enough it will stop for a few minutes. Question is should i take it to the dealer or can i take the 2 screws out at the top of the cluster, pull it apart and figure something out myself? I wanna do this but i dont want to end up creating a disaster, but im about to be at the dealer next week for a moaning window motor so i could just have them look at that to. Thanks guys
Old 07-09-2012, 03:01 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by fx4f-150
Does anyone elses gauge cluster lens creak and squeak like crazy? Going down the highway its non stop and highly annoying. If i press on it hard enough it will stop for a few minutes. Question is should i take it to the dealer or can i take the 2 screws out at the top of the cluster, pull it apart and figure something out myself? I wanna do this but i dont want to end up creating a disaster, but im about to be at the dealer next week for a moaning window motor so i could just have them look at that to. Thanks guys

It's not the cluster lense itself- it it the thin colored trim piece which runs along the bottom in front of the lense. I had the same squeeking sound from day 1 when I picked up my truck in October. It sounded like two pieces of styrofoam bing rubbed together. Through investigating, while driving, I discovered that the thin trim piece which runs in front of the lense, on the bottom, was rubbing on the lense. I simply put my fingers behind it and gently pulled it forward. Be careful not to pull too hard or you will crack it. After doing this several times the squeeking has gone away. If it is real annoyning you can put a small piece of foam tape behind it. It does not take much to stop the sound.

Last edited by JimFX4; 07-10-2012 at 07:09 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:46 PM
SilverBullet

Received 120 Likes on 97 Posts

so thats where that damn squeak is coming from!

Quick Reply: Gauge cluster lens