Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gas milage

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 02:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default gas milage

Alright guys what's your problem?

If someone wants to talk about the gas mileage they are getting in the f150 on the f150 forum what's the problem? Why are they not allowed to discuss the performance/efficiency of their vehicle on a site dedicated to discussion of such things?

We all know gas prices are high and no of course no one likes that.

However, someone making remarks in attempt to insult their intelligence by saying that they should not have bought a full size f150 truck is immature. Perhaps i am wrong, but I would like to go out on a limb and say that anyone who has the resources to purchase a 2009+ f150 would have the intelligence to realize that this full size truck they bought is indeed a gas guzzler. If they don't realize that full size trucks get good MPG, at some point before the purchase of their vehicle I would also like to assume that they discovered the font size 48 printed numerals that show the estimated MPG provided by us by law from the EPA on the sticker at the dealership. On the other hand, their is a possibility that they bought the truck used from a private party without realizing the MPG that they would get when purchasing the vehicle, and in that event your comments about trucks and poor MPG are very helpful and enlightening.

So if you must, go ahead and continue to point out the obvious to your fellow f150 owners.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:08 PM

Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Good post. Anyone that just says, "Its a truck, stop bitching about gas mileage" is wayyy out of line. Yes, we drive trucks, we don't expect the gas mileage of a focus. But to make people feel stupid for being concerned about the gas mileage relative to other trucks is idiotic.

Right now, I'm in the process of trading in my 2008 Screw for a 2011 ecoboost because I can more in the new truck, and my monthly expenses will be the same with the gas saving offset. Thankfully, people still post about their real world gas mileage to help me look at my options of 1) Driving a new vehicle, and 2) Possibly saving money or breaking even with that purchase. If everyone keeps getting flamed for posting mpgs, it really wouldn't help me in my decision making.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:10 PM
Squishy Heads

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's a truck stop bitching. Seriously, we are all sick of it.

Last edited by bradseabridge; 03-18-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:12 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

If they read the size 48 font numbers on their window sticker, why do they keep starting threads asking why they get 12-13mpg in town?

I'm pretty sure that's almost right on what most of our trucks stickers said...yet they think they should be getting the 18 in town...when that is clearly stated highway.

Even 10mpg and lower isn't out of the ballpark if you're in stop and go traffic and are heavy on the gas pedal.

Want better MPG, buy a car. The reason people get hostile about it around here is there is another MPG thread every 15 seconds...it gets old real quick. People need to search
Old 03-18-2011, 03:16 PM
Squishy Heads

Booyahcasha!

Even though the search feature on here SUCKS you will still find a bazillion Gas mileage/price threads. Hell there's probably one at the top of one of the forum sections at any given time.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by eclark53520
If they read the size 48 font numbers on their window sticker, why do they keep starting threads asking why they get 12-13mpg in town?

I'm pretty sure that's almost right on what most of our trucks stickers said...yet they think they should be getting the 18 in town...when that is clearly stated highway.

Even 10mpg and lower isn't out of the ballpark if you're in stop and go traffic and are heavy on the gas pedal.

Want better MPG, buy a car. The reason people get hostile about it around here is there is another MPG thread every 15 seconds...it gets old real quick. People need to search
Umm, no, I want to drive a truck and find as much real world info as possible.

Yes, if I started a thread about putting a lift on my truck, and someone just came in and said, "Thats going to kill your mpg!", I'd be pissed because it wasnt the intention of the thread. If you don't want to see mpg threads, skip over them instead of making a post similar to what I've just bolded above.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:17 PM
Squishy Heads

Yeah and I want my cake and eat it too. The real world info is on your window sticker. PERIOD! Every ****ing thread about bitching about mileage is always the same. Bitching about 13mpg when it's still clearly within the parameters of the trucks mileage claims.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:18 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HunterSmitty
Umm, no, I want to drive a truck and find as much real world info as possible.

Yes, if I started a thread about putting a lift on my truck, and someone just came in and said, "Thats going to kill your mpg!", I'd be pissed because it wasnt the intention of the thread. If you don't want to see mpg threads, skip over them instead of making a post similar to what I've just bolded above.
Likewise, if you don't like the replies skip over them.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by eclark53520
Likewise, if you don't like the replies skip over them.
Hardly the same. You're just being a troll, I'm offering content to a discussion.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:23 PM
Squishy Heads

So are we, if I posted that I like to eat turds it's still content. Just not relevant.

How the **** are we trolling? I could say your trolling posting all these stupid MPG threads and that it's spamming, so OWNED.

Quick Reply: gas milage