Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which design do you prefer? (Choose all that apply)
Headlight flow through looks good
50.00%
Headlight flow through looks bad
13.64%
I like the scoop graphic the best
36.36%
I like the black upper section the best
27.27%
I don't like either hood option
4.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Front end business graphics help? (stripes are gone)

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 02:57 AM

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Front end business graphics help? (stripes are gone)

O.K. guys, you win. After the last poll, it turns out that only about 25% of the voters were a fan of the rally stripes. They definitely grabbed your attention but I can see where the rest of you were coming from with them being a bit too much, and that's not the impression I want people to get. So to the dismay of those fans I have decided to remove them in search of something that will still get noticed but appeal to a larger percentage of the population.

Through my recent polls and your comments, the majority of you love the design of the back and sides but I have yet to find something for the front to tie it together. I tried the black hood/grill surround and it was too much black, the rally stripes were better but too over the top. I am only coming up with two other ideas (unless anyone else has seen something that might look good) to try to tie it all together and will put it to a vote to see what you guys think looks best.

In case you haven't seen the truck before, here is the back and sides.

Before (with the stripes):

Without the stripes:

One idea I think might work is the graphic from some of the appearance packages similar to this:

The other option is this:
I took one of your guys suggestions and took some scrap vinyl today and filled in the white between the headlights and grill to match the feel of the back tail light flow through and had a last minute idea to use some on the inside slope on the middle of the hood just to see what that would look like. I think it looks kinda cool (not saying much as I was also in the 25% that liked the stripes). It almost gives it the look of a reverse scoop.
Attached Images     
Old 04-17-2013, 03:30 AM
In Dale we trust.

Received 165 Likes on 109 Posts

That's fine lol, if you keep doing what every poll says youre going to be changing it weekly, just pick one thing and go with it

Inside slope actually looks really badass, if I had a different color id think about doing that

Last edited by JLonsinger2011; 04-17-2013 at 03:34 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:13 AM

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Your headlight/grill blend looks very clean!!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by JLonsinger2011
That's fine lol, if you keep doing what every poll says youre going to be changing it weekly, just pick one thing and go with it

Inside slope actually looks really badass, if I had a different color id think about doing that
I know that its never going to appeal to everyone and to try is crazy. The stripes were more of a love em or hate em look so I am just looking for something that more than 25% of the people agree on as looking sharp.

Thanks for the kudos on the inside slope, I think the contrast is what makes that work.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:32 AM
PPPPPuppy Power

Received 887 Likes on 653 Posts

If you are this ocd about your truck, mayvbe i should have you quote the hardwood and tile install at my soon to be under construction new pad.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by CHICKS
Your headlight/grill blend looks very clean!!
Thanks! Wasn't sure how it would look, similar to the raptor headlight/grill blend but they have a clean line across the top of the grill and lights where as we have a slight bump up on the grill line.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo
If you are this ocd about your truck, mayvbe i should have you quote the hardwood and tile install at my soon to be under construction new pad.
I prefer the term realistic perfectionist I know I will never get there but I try. I was getting some kudos and a lot of criticism driving around with the stripes on, which is not what I want for a business image, just looking for something that will not necessarily appeal to more people but will disagree with less.

My wife also says I need to check with you guys from now on before I do anything to my truck

What part of MN you in?

Last edited by The Machine; 04-17-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:50 PM

Bump
Old 04-17-2013, 07:38 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

Looks 10x better w/out those stripes! Enjoy it now, and like JL said stop the polls or you'll drive yourself nuts changing things!. Looks great!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:41 PM
Beer Gut Extraordinaire

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,317 Posts

It all looks good, except the wheels. Not a fan. Raptor wheels would look wayyyyy better. Otherwise it looks pretty beefed up and muscular looking.

Quick Reply: Front end business graphics help? (stripes are gone)