Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Emblem fell off LOL

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 10:46 AM
FX4 SCrew TT'd V6

Received 125 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Front Emblem fell off LOL

So I was messing around under the hood this weekend and when I shut my hood the front emblem fell off.

The parts guy was telling me the WHOLE grill had to be replaced, I said there is no way, it just pops on, but 2 of the 3 pins broke.

The Service department said it was just an emblem replacement and it would be here Wednesday.

I have had a lot of Ford trucks and this is a first. I have had emblems get all jacked up from washing but never just fall off.

The emblem missing is driving me nuts, I wanted to keep the old one and tape it on until the new one came in but they said if I lost it I would have to pay for the new one as it had to be turned into Ford for warranty.

Anyone elses front emblem fall off?
Old 04-09-2012, 11:37 AM

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

Wow that's messed up. I think Ford should use a little less plastic IMO. I was surprised to see the tailgate handle uses plastic to run the mechanism to open, that will break one day I know. Just wonder if it will be before or after the warranty runs out.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Automotive Refinish Tech

Received 1,746 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Originally Posted by Viking1204
Wow that's messed up. I think Ford should use a little less plastic IMO. I was surprised to see the tailgate handle uses plastic to run the mechanism to open, that will break one day I know. Just wonder if it will be before or after the warranty runs out.
Just so you know, almost all handles are this way. And have been for years. I had a 2002 s-10 bought brand new. It had the 3rd door that worked like the scab does. I put 6 handles in that door over the course of 4 years.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

Everytime I close the hood it looks like the whole grill is gonna come off.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's why I grab the latch instead of the grill when I shut the hood. Scared the whole thing is gonna shatter.

Last edited by silverfords2001; 04-09-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When my truck was 4 months old I was drying it after washing. I barely bumped into license plate light and it fell off. It was like the glue wasn't good enough. 2 months later the other one fell off. Luckily they were both covered under warranty
Old 08-03-2014, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by mrpositraction
So I was messing around under the hood this weekend and when I shut my hood the front emblem fell off.

The parts guy was telling me the WHOLE grill had to be replaced, I said there is no way, it just pops on, but 2 of the 3 pins broke.

The Service department said it was just an emblem replacement and it would be here Wednesday.

I have had a lot of Ford trucks and this is a first. I have had emblems get all jacked up from washing but never just fall off.

The emblem missing is driving me nuts, I wanted to keep the old one and tape it on until the new one came in but they said if I lost it I would have to pay for the new one as it had to be turned into Ford for warranty.

Anyone elses front emblem fall off?
So what did you end up doing? I closed the hood on my 2009 KR after adding washer fluid and the emblem fell to the floor just a few minutes ago. Looks like the two outside pins are broken off, assume they are in the grill.

Thought about the double sided 3M automobile tape as I use it with the front license plate on my Corvette to hold a mounting bracket and it's solid as a rock. Either that or Gorilla/Super Glue.
Old 08-03-2014, 02:02 PM
Forder

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Putting on a Chevy Bowtie would really mess with some people.
Old 08-03-2014, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Roadweasel
Putting on a Chevy Bowtie would really mess with some people.
That was my son's suggestion. He leased a 2014 Silverado LT All Star edition last month. Actually, tried to convince me I needed to sell mine now, saying the emblem falling off today, engine will blow tomorrow. A real comedian.

Quick Reply: Front Emblem fell off LOL