Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forum courtesy

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 11:39 PM

Received 291 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Forum courtesy

I Know this is public forum full of many opinions. But there are some things that should be addressed.

1. If you don't like something about someone's truck, keep that to yourself. We are all here for the same reasons. We love OUR trucks, and want to help each other. If you are here for any other reason, you need a hobby.
2. If you don't know the answer to someone's question, it's ok. Silence is better than the wrong advice. Trouble shooting is one thing, incorrect info is something else.
3. If you aren't going to contribute to a thread or conversation, then don't use it as an oppurtunity to correct someone for their grammar or mis use of a term. It makes you look a lot less intelligent than you think. We have ALL made mistakes while posting. We don't need that pointed out by trolls.
4. Forums are meant to be communities. For people with like interest to go and talk to other people. Use it as a tool to meet people, not a place to hide behind a screen and toss insults.

Just thought I would add my $.02. I'm new to the forums, but not new to the auto industry. I have modified and done a lot of my own work on every vehicle I have ever owned. I have met a lot of great people, and I have met a lot who aren't.
The following 13 users liked this post by MurderFX:
ab4ka (12-08-2014), Brett2013fx4 (12-08-2014), Commeeche (12-08-2014), eng45ine (12-08-2014), Franchi Motorsports (12-08-2014), funmoneypit150 (12-08-2014), GetYaFordOn (12-08-2014), j.baum (12-07-2014), moseby (12-08-2014), redneck wrencher (12-08-2014), Wanted33 (12-08-2014), whitescrew77 (12-08-2014), yotehunter (12-08-2014) and 8 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Popular Reply

12-08-2014, 01:51 AM
McCarthy

Received 217 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by MurderFX
I Know this is public forum full of many opinions. But there are some things that should be addressed.

1. If you don't like something about someone's truck, keep that to yourself. We are all here for the same reasons. We love OUR trucks, and want to help each other. If you are here for any other reason, you need a hobby.
2. If you don't know the answer to someone's question, it's ok. Silence is better than the wrong advice. Trouble shooting is one thing, incorrect info is something else.
3. If you aren't going to contribute to a thread or conversation, then don't use it as an oppurtunity to correct someone for their grammar or mis use of a term. It makes you look a lot less intelligent than you think. We have ALL made mistakes while posting. We don't need that pointed out by trolls.
4. Forums are meant to be communities. For people with like interest to go and talk to other people. Use it as a tool to meet people, not a place to hide behind a screen and toss insults.

Just thought I would add my $.02. I'm new to the forums, but not new to the auto industry. I have modified and done a lot of my own work on every vehicle I have ever owned. I have met a lot of great people, and I have met a lot who aren't.

1) I'll say what I think. If you don't like that don't post your truck on a public forum. What do you expect, everyone to love everything you do? Seriously...
2) Agree
3) Oh come on. The guy posting "lol i lyke dis truk on blak 24 chormies bro its sick bro" REALLY needs to be put in his place. Get over it.
4) What if the "insults" are true? What if they're simply my opinion? I think lifted 2WD's are ridiculous, if I say that to some guy who lifted his 2WD, is it insulting to him? Probably, but see my response to point number 1.
Old 12-08-2014, 12:21 AM

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

All good points!

It is amazing how many keyboard cowboys there are. Also pretty sad when the only thing you can do to validate your existence is to correct some inane fact on a web forum.

Another thing, Seriously, I really don't care if you are 100 lbs over weight while towing, or you speed 70 mph in a 65 zone, you put a programmer on your truck before or after warranty is up. Ecoboost or 5.0, variety is the spice of life! Pretty sure everybody picked one with their truck. Live with it. Its all good.

None of these things will hurt my day one way or another. Get over yourselves. Thanks.

Last edited by whitescrew77; 12-08-2014 at 12:27 AM.
Old 12-08-2014, 12:58 AM
FX4RoadWarrior

Received 493 Likes on 352 Posts

If I don't like something I'll say so, this isn't North Korea.

I agree on the false info though.
The following 4 users liked this post by tanked_darren:
McCarthy (04-18-2016), Motosoal (12-08-2014), Sammy77 (12-08-2014), Scuba_Dave (12-08-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 01:51 AM

Received 217 Likes on 125 Posts

1) I'll say what I think. If you don't like that don't post your truck on a public forum. What do you expect, everyone to love everything you do? Seriously...
2) Agree
3) Oh come on. The guy posting "lol i lyke dis truk on blak 24 chormies bro its sick bro" REALLY needs to be put in his place. Get over it.
4) What if the "insults" are true? What if they're simply my opinion? I think lifted 2WD's are ridiculous, if I say that to some guy who lifted his 2WD, is it insulting to him? Probably, but see my response to point number 1.
The following 10 users liked this post by McCarthy:
1oldtimer (12-08-2014), BCMIF150 (12-08-2014), MikeyZ (12-08-2014), Motosoal (12-08-2014), one2nine (12-08-2014), Ricktwuhk (12-08-2014), Rockjock3 (12-08-2014), Sammy77 (12-08-2014), Scuba_Dave (12-08-2014), Tothemax (12-08-2014) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-08-2014, 02:00 AM

Received 180 Likes on 116 Posts

Meh.

Seems like my kids' soccer games these days. Everyone shows up, everyone gets a trophy. Life's not fair. Some people are nice, and have manners. Some don't. A cross section of both happens to own a computer and an F150.
The following 8 users liked this post by ji603:
1oldtimer (12-08-2014), Brett2013fx4 (12-08-2014), buster096 (12-08-2014), McCarthy (12-08-2014), milchuck (12-08-2014), Motosoal (12-08-2014), one2nine (12-08-2014), Scuba_Dave (12-08-2014) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-08-2014, 02:27 AM
Big Blue Flame!!!

Received 130 Likes on 118 Posts

Well said fellow forum member all your points are valid and true. I may be a junior member and not have as much time to post and customize my truck as I would like but every time I log in there is always a war over v8 to V6 and which is better etc. I signed up to get inspiration and different ideas to make my FX4 a tad bit different then every other one around and to get service help when required. Now that being said we all have different tastes and ideas for our truck as what I may have/want done to my truck in Northern Ontario may be different than the member in California. We all share the same brand and style of truck and should all be happy with what we have instead of putting other members truck down. Rant over thanks for making this thread.
Old 12-08-2014, 03:00 AM

Received 195 Likes on 171 Posts

Says the newbie with the grand total of 15 posts...
The following 2 users liked this post by buster096:
BCMIF150 (12-08-2014), Motosoal (12-08-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 03:10 AM
wait. what?

Received 271 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by tanked_darren
If I don't like something I'll say so, this isn't North Korea.

I agree on the false info though.
yeah you did a great job of getting the 5.0L thread closed by throwing out insults like a middle schooler. good work.
The following users liked this post:
Wanted33 (12-08-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 03:45 AM
FX4RoadWarrior

Received 493 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidKR
yeah you did a great job of getting the 5.0L thread closed by throwing out insults like a middle schooler. good work.
I never insulted anybody. It's not my fault owning a 5.0L makes people sensitive.

Moderator probably owns a 5.0L too.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:42 AM
wait. what?

Received 271 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by tanked_darren
I never insulted anybody. It's not my fault owning a 5.0L makes people sensitive.

Moderator probably owns a 5.0L too.
that sure looked like an insult to me. I thought canadians were supposed to be friendly. why are you such a douche?
The following users liked this post:
Wanted33 (12-08-2014)

Quick Reply: Forum courtesy