Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford dealer failed my inspection/emissions

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford dealer failed my inspection/emissions

Took my 2010 F150 screw to my local ford dealer today. Morrow motors. Anyhow, went there for inspection/emissions and some warranty checks. Concerned my transmission sometimes shifts hard. Also my third break light cover is allowing water to enter. They called to inform me that my transmission was throwing P codes failing me. They told me that because I have aftermarket tires 285/65/18 on was sending signals. Also accused me of off roading because the plug in @ side of transmission was caked with mud. First I can't believe that everyone out there with oversize tires is failing emissions. I've never had my vehicle in mud. Two hour diagnostics to even figure out the reason for the codes costing me 176.00us. Anyone have any insight? I believe I'm being shammed. Called Ford which has done nothing.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:54 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

find a different dealer, now.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:13 PM
2011 FX4 Screw

Originally Posted by Marc242
Took my 2010 F150 screw to my local ford dealer today. Morrow motors. Anyhow, went there for inspection/emissions and some warranty checks. Concerned my transmission sometimes shifts hard. Also my third break light cover is allowing water to enter. They called to inform me that my transmission was throwing P codes failing me. They told me that because I have aftermarket tires 285/65/18 on was sending signals. Also accused me of off roading because the plug in @ side of transmission was caked with mud. First I can't believe that everyone out there with oversize tires is failing emissions. I've never had my vehicle in mud. Two hour diagnostics to even figure out the reason for the codes costing me 176.00us. Anyone have any insight? I believe I'm being shammed. Called Ford which has done nothing.
The reason they failed you for emission/inspection is because when the PCM has Pcodes stored it will not pass emissions because they plug into the OBD2 connector and the computer will detect a code and fail it, the reason you didnt get a State sticker is because they cant give you a State Inspection sticker unless you pass emissions. Regarding the tires.. i dont think they throw the codes, if anything that would mess with the ABS not the transmission. Do you have any idea what the codes were?
Old 07-29-2011, 06:33 PM
Okie Coupe

Received 209 Likes on 172 Posts

Bottom line is, Ford has certain standards that they have to work with. Those standards do not include wheels and tires that are not within specifications and factory recommend size range. That may be a hard lesson learned but I would be very surprised if you find any Ford dealer that will warranty cover anything than may have been damaged but non-recommended modifications.

Read your warranty information. I think it will pretty much cover this kind of issue.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:50 PM

Received 40 Likes on 15 Posts

Hold on pa emissions test is a gas cap test and visual inspecton in less your down by Philly or Harrisburg
Old 07-29-2011, 08:33 PM
2011 FX4 Screw

Originally Posted by blueflame
Hold on pa emissions test is a gas cap test and visual inspecton in less your down by Philly or Harrisburg
Northern Region by Erie is Visual and gas cap, allegheny,beaver and westmoreland county are Gas cap and OBD
Old 07-29-2011, 09:12 PM

I just dropped my truck off at Morrow Ford (see post https://www.f150forum.com/f38/2011-f...g-argh-104926/)!

The sales people seemed half-decent (can you ask for much more than that?), but I've had no experience with their service department at Morrow. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised tomorrow when they call me about my 2011 f150 5.0 that won't start.

I don't have much info relevant to your thread to add, unfortunately. Good luck getting your tranny codes figured out. I figured I'd stop by to a felllow Beaver County resident!

4BangR
Old 07-29-2011, 09:18 PM

Received 132 Likes on 79 Posts

Find another dealer tire size will not cause p codes p= powertrain if you didnt know. What code did they give you if you paid should be on your service ticket.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:57 PM

I purchaced my 09 lariat screw there in march. Never delt with the service dept. but the salesmen i delt with was an idiot. Good luck!
Old 07-29-2011, 10:16 PM

Purchased my last two trucks from there. Never had any issues with the service department. The never looked for extra work while getting inspection done there. Parts department doesn't give discounts to customers that purchase vehicles there.

Quick Reply: Ford dealer failed my inspection/emissions