Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Customer Service-What I have Learned

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 07:54 AM

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Default Ford Customer Service-What I have Learned

I got involved with Ford Customer Service when they "Reached Out To Me" over my truck's catalytic converter issues. From there, they became involved in my A/C issue as well.

First, they sound gung-ho to help and they contact the dealer. That pisses off the dealer. At a certain point, your case gets escalated to a customer service manager. The CSM calls and offers the world. In my case, she contacted a different dealer that was supposed to make things right (and did not even do what had been arranged).

When I voiced my dissatisfaction, other than taking my truck to another dealer, there was nothing further that she could do for me. The truck had already been in five times to three different dealers.

At that point, I got really ticked off and asked to speak to the CDM's supervisor. I was supposed to receive a call back within 48 hours. It did not come. After posting that fact on the forum, and about six hours past her deadline, I received the call back.

The supervisor said that I could take my truck to another dealer. I explained that was a waste of time unless someone at Ford told them to look past the obvious and search for the problem. She said that she had no contact numbers at Ford. I asked to speak with someone at Ford engineering and, again, she had no contact numbers. Then I asked to speak to her supervisor at Ford. She said that she did not have a supervisor at Ford. Without going through my notes, she said that Ford empowered her to handle their customer service issues. The end result of that conversation was that I had wasted weeks jumping through hoops and my case was closed. I gave her my two word response and hung up.

Well, not being totally stupid, I finally realized that when one is dealing with Ford Customer Service, they are dealing with call centres. These call centres have absolutely no power over the dealers. In my case they only helped to **** off a dealer.

So whether you are in Canada or the USA, when you are dealing with Ford customer service, you are dealing with a call centre in either Michigan or Florida. You are also dealing with people with no technical expertise. All these people do is regurgitate things from their list of canned comments, build your hopes and waste your time.

Many of you have seen Ford Customer Service "Reach Out" publicly to offer their help. On my A/C post, they started going through the back door and contact members/owners through PM.

I'm not the only one being put through this useless step in Ford customer service.

Take Care

Green Gem
The following users liked this post:
digitaltrucker (08-30-2014)
Old 08-30-2014, 08:15 AM

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Hah, like many things in this modern era, it has to look good, not be good or useful. I work in commercial construction, and I can tell you all buildings are being built to look nice on the surface, but can barely support their own weight.

Customer service these days works in the same manner...trick you into thinking you're getting something..but really it's just a reassuring voice on the end of the line.

Ian
The following 2 users liked this post by Thislilfishy:
digitaltrucker (08-30-2014), Green Gem (08-30-2014)
Old 08-30-2014, 08:52 AM

Received 166 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Green Gem
So whether you are in Canada or the USA, when you are dealing with Ford customer service, you are dealing with a call centre in either Michigan or Florida.
Except the ones in Michigan or Florida would be "Call Centers" and not "Call Centres"
The following users liked this post:
Green Gem (08-30-2014)
Old 08-30-2014, 09:04 AM

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,695 Posts

As you are aware, pretty much my experience also. Lots of "canned emails" that go no where but lead you to believe that Ford really cares.

Remember folks that the Ford Customer service folks here are very limited on what they can do of which most is lip service. Hopefully someday these same folks will have a product issue and be treated the same unfair way.
The following 2 users liked this post by digitaltrucker:
Green Gem (08-30-2014), Toddman38 (08-30-2014)
Old 08-30-2014, 09:51 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I have been jerked around by both Ford and Ram, I think that the domestic manufacturers need to get their act together. My truck has 40K on it now, and it still has paint issues that were supposed to have been fixed. Dirt/debris under the paint in several places, including a big hunk of something under the paint on the drivers side pillar by the mirror. The taillights were misaligned when they were screwed in, and the paint on the leading edge of the taillight bucket is all gouged out because of it. It looks like it was painted and assembled by a 5-year old.

Ford wanted pictures, then more pictures. The dealer had some crappy old camera, so I had to keep going back. I offered to take the pics with my 20mp Nikon...."no that won't work, has to be this specific camera, file format, etc"...ok, whatever.

Finally Ford approved the warranty fix, and guess what? I am STILL waiting to get into the paint shop, 2 yrs and 40k miles later. I just got sick of waiting and gave up. Called the dealer repeatedly, never called back, ever. I'm not brand-loyal, so what it means is, the next truck will NOT be a Ford.

On the flip side, my wife drives a Honda. It had a recall on it, out of warranty, for the gauges not working properly, some of the needles fell off including the fuel gauge. We took it in and they had to order a new instrument cluster, and wanted us to keep the car until it came in. I raised it as a safety issue, my wife and two kids are in this car, and you can't even see how much fuel you have. If it runs out, you lose power steering, brakes, etc.

Five minutes later, the dealership GM walks into the service bay and hands my wife the keys to a new CRV to drive. They moved the kids car seats over and secured them as well. Out of warranty, no ESP. And I didn't have to call Honda and fight with them.

Maybe this is just our experience, or our dealership, but every time we have been in the Honda dealership, they bend over backwards to ensure that you are happy. Even AFTER you have bought the car. If something is wrong, it's fixed right the first time.

If Honda ever builds a '"real" truck, I'll be out the domestic door in a second and won't look back. The domestic manufacturers need to pay attention and learn something from their overseas competitors. That Honda has 90k on it now, and we are looking at trading it in. We looked at an Edge and an Explorer, my wife wouldn't even consider them. Yeah, she's getting a new Honda Pilot.....
The following 3 users liked this post by wallacemf:
digitaltrucker (08-30-2014), Green Gem (08-30-2014), Kenferg1 (08-31-2014)
Old 08-30-2014, 10:04 AM

Received 3,929 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by wallacemf
Yeah, she's getting a new Honda Pilot.....
They are uglier than hell... but it's hard to beat Honda's service.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:06 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Read Piloteers forum on the newer Pilots. There is also class action lawsuit because of driveline shudder. Mine had it, we'll it probably still does but I got rid of the POS. my dealer didn't know what the hell to do with it.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by NASSTY

Yep we got a notice on my daughters 2008 CRV about a possible ac compressor issue., They said they would extend the warranty way out!

Nice folks!
Old 08-30-2014, 10:07 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by NASSTY
My buddies called my pilot "The Toaster"
Old 08-30-2014, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Big Muskie
Read Piloteers forum on the newer Pilots. There is also class action lawsuit because of driveline shudder. Mine had it, we'll it probably still does but I got rid of the POS. my dealer didn't know what the hell to do with it.
Yep the drive line, sticking brake calipers and now the AC's for Ford! I guess this is their better idea!

Quick Reply: Ford Customer Service-What I have Learned