Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally picked up my 2010 FX4

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Finally picked up my 2010 FX4

After 6 weeks of anticipation I finally took delivery of my new truck. The wait was tough, but it was worth it to get my dream truck just how I wanted it. I got everything I wanted on it. The new wheels and leveling kit are here just waiting for the tires to come. Also have it scheduled to have the linex put in and nerf bars put on. Just didn't like any of the factory ones. I have really learned alot and have gotten quite a few ideas from this forum so thanks. Let me know what you think.

Old 05-21-2010, 03:57 PM

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

Are you a little confused? The fire truck in your pic is yellow, and you got a black truck. Where's the red love? And you call yourself a firefighter... Haha just messing with ya. Congrats on your new truck! But seriously the firetruck needs to be red, just saying
Old 05-21-2010, 04:08 PM

Lol we hear that all the time. They say our engines just aren't ripe. The international safety yellow looks good in person. As for mine, my first two trucks were red so it's black from here on out. Thanks!
Old 05-21-2010, 04:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Great taste!

Very nice truck. Exactly like the one I bought in December. The only thing different that I see is that you have the navigation. Since I have bought it I have changed the tails to HD and put on Monster chrome wheels.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:01 PM
Ford/Mazda Parts guy

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks good man,Congrats on the new purchase
Old 05-21-2010, 05:08 PM

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

My first fire dept had white trucks with some red ribbon scrolled on the side (sounds weird but was actually really sharp looking) and the other fire depts I was with all had red trucks. The bright yellow and the bright green I will never personally like--don't like livery that they're trying to make mandatory either--but if it somehow helps people not run into the truck and hurt themselves or firefighters then hey it's worth it. I got my truck in red because obviously I'm drawn to big red trucks but my second choice was black. Enjoy your truck and stay safe
Old 05-21-2010, 05:37 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Absolutely beautiful man. Great truck! I wish I'd had the kahonas to get a black truck but I chickened out because of how hard they are to keep clean.

That is going to look great!
Old 05-22-2010, 01:54 AM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

Good choice on the black FX4 Im a little biased though
Old 05-22-2010, 02:26 AM
2010 Lariat

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome truck. I love the FX4 in Black. Just curious, if you ordered it, why did you pony up the extra dough for the 20" rims and tires only to replace them with new rims and tires?
Old 05-22-2010, 03:42 PM

Thank you all. I couldn't be happier with so far.

Originally Posted by Justi
Absolutely beautiful man. Great truck! I wish I'd had the kahonas to get a black truck but I chickened out because of how hard they are to keep clean.

That is going to look great!
I would think that the dark blue you have would be just about as hard to keep clean as the black.

Originally Posted by modiecast
Awesome truck. I love the FX4 in Black. Just curious, if you ordered it, why did you pony up the extra dough for the 20" rims and tires only to replace them with new rims and tires?
I live in WV and we have what I would call moderate winters here and they throw down large amounts of salt, cinders and rock chips. I plan on running the factory wheels in the winter until I find something I like that can withstand these conditions fairly well and still look good. I like the look of the 20" over the 18" so I just went with it.

Quick Reply: Finally picked up my 2010 FX4