Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally no more running light on my 11 Fx4.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Finally no more running light on my 11 Fx4.

This must have been done before but I thought insharing. I bought a set of spider headlights and had trouble having both light firing when putting in drive (Only DRL) so I went and bought a relay harness to fix the issue. I love the blacked out and I wanted no lightduring daytime so I installed the trigger wire to my park light. Now during day time I have complete black. I thought in sharing but I know this has been discussedbefore.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:22 AM
SS..DD

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

What size are those tires? terras?
Old 04-13-2013, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Damn Dirty Ape
What size are those tires? terras?
305-55-20 Terra's
Old 04-13-2013, 01:10 PM
Beer Gut Extraordinaire

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,317 Posts

Could you share more info about how you went about doing this? What supplies, procedure etc.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by HardcoreFXFour
Could you share more info about how you went about doing this? What supplies, procedure etc.
I will do my best sir me being french lol. After instalin my new HID I had to perchase a relay harness kit because both light wher not firing (bought online for 40$) I went and install the kit like it should be (very easy to do) but when came time to conect the trigger wire to the headlight plug I instead found the park light wire and connect it to it (cut wire and conect to it). So by doing this when i put in drive with switch off the park do not work so they dont trigger the relay to open headlight. So during day time I leave switch off and have no light (please note no tailight also but i dont mind). As soon i hit switch the relay get a 12v shot and open like a charm. 2 other thing i love with this 1st when i hit high beem my HID stay on. 2nd. Becaus HID stay open when on hight beem when i meet another car and take hight beam off my HID are warm so they dont take few second to warm and are instantly. Hope it help. Sorry for my spelling.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:27 PM
Beer Gut Extraordinaire

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,317 Posts

Originally Posted by 6michaud
I will do my best sir me being french lol. After instalin my new HID I had to perchase a relay harness kit because both light wher not firing (bought online for 40$) I went and install the kit like it should be (very easy to do) but when came time to conect the trigger wire to the headlight plug I instead found the park light wire and connect it to it (cut wire and conect to it). So by doing this when i put in drive with switch off the park do not work so they dont trigger the relay to open headlight. So during day time I leave switch off and have no light (please note no tailight also but i dont mind). As soon i hit switch the relay get a 12v shot and open like a charm. 2 other thing i love with this 1st when i hit high beem my HID stay on. 2nd. Becaus HID stay open when on hight beem when i meet another car and take hight beam off my HID are warm so they dont take few second to warm and are instantly. Hope it help. Sorry for my spelling.
Ok, so basically this relay system keeps the headlights from coming on during the day, but because the parking lights come on with the low-beam headlights, it bypasses the whole DRL system and the headlights only come on when the parking lights fire? Do you have a link to the relay you bought?
Old 04-13-2013, 02:57 PM

Ok, so basically this relay system keeps the headlights from coming on during the day, but because the parking lights come on with the low-beam headlights, it bypasses the whole DRL system and the headlights only come on when the parking lights fire? Do you have a link to the relay you bought?
I am away at this moment when i get back home tomorow night i will send the link to you.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:59 AM

http://www.canadacaralarms.com/fr-kit_relais.php

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally no more running light on my 11 Fx4.