Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fender bender and need help finding parts for an FX

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fender bender and need help finding parts for an FX

Had nasty weather here this afternoon and I rear ended an SUV with a trailer hitch. Long story short, it busted up the bottom plastic and broke one of the plastic bumper pads (is this entire truck plastic?). Other than that, it looks like it just bent up the metal beneath the plastic a tad. I think I might be able to get away with just replacing plastic pieces, but can't find replacements online to save my life.

Anyone have any ideas or links? If not that, anyone happen to have a black FX front bumper they might want to sell? I could obviously pay my deductible and have it fixed, but if I can go down this road cheaper than $500, i'll do that.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Can't leave my baby with this mess long...
Old 01-24-2012, 11:28 PM

I guess unless I'm showing something cool to do with my truck, it's pointless to post in here...bummer.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:42 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

First I'd like to say sorry about the accident that blows also sorry no one has responded yet.. most of the senior members will be able to help you more than i can, but i'll try my best.

second I am confused I dont understand what plastic you are speaking of. is it part of the valance?? Pictures would help. If your just looking too replace the plastic with new OEM then Tasca parts(google them) will have the part you want but your gonna want to find the part number. also in the way of getting a used bumper I don't believe you will find many, as they are very sought after, as a lot of folks want to do the crome bumper too painted conversion..
Old 01-24-2012, 11:54 PM

Appreciate the help and concern. I'm going to try and get with Tasca tomorrow to see what they can do for me. I'll try to post a pic or two tomorrow, as well. Weather has been nasty, so no opportunity.

Thanks again for the time and advice.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:07 AM

possibly try ebay... that would be my first option or go into ur ford dealer, and find out pricing on replacement parts....
Old 01-25-2012, 12:13 AM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

If you are refering to the two black plastic parts on either side of the plates I did see hem on e-bay just the other day. Just checked ebay they are still there. Search.. "front bumper F150".

Last edited by tennisfam4; 01-25-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:34 AM

awesome, thanks all. I did look on ebay and that is one of the parts I need. Unfortunately, I also need the long plastic bottom vallance. I'm assuming that won't come cheap. My concern with the dealer is definitely cost...but I'll also give them a ring tomorrow.

Thanks again.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:02 AM
Okie Coupe

Received 209 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by blackfx2
Had nasty weather here this afternoon and I rear ended an SUV with a trailer hitch. Long story short, it busted up the bottom plastic and broke one of the plastic bumper pads (is this entire truck plastic?). Other than that, it looks like it just bent up the metal beneath the plastic a tad. I think I might be able to get away with just replacing plastic pieces, but can't find replacements online to save my life.

Anyone have any ideas or links? If not that, anyone happen to have a black FX front bumper they might want to sell? I could obviously pay my deductible and have it fixed, but if I can go down this road cheaper than $500, i'll do that.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Can't leave my baby with this mess long...
Which one of the front bumper plastic pads do you need? I have an extra one but I don't remember which one it is. You can have it for the postage cost if you want it. I also have a low plastic valance you can have but I don't know what it would cost to ship it. I'm in Southeastern Oklahoma. If you are in North Texas you could possible come after it. I'm about 3 hours from Dallas.

Send me a PM if interested.

Last edited by shortride; 01-25-2012 at 07:06 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:37 AM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Sucks about your truck...
If you look up Tasca Josh on this forum, you can find his email (instead of PM).
If you give him your VIN, he can look up the exact parts for your truck.

I think a look at http://www.fordparts.com/ might be helpful too.
Put your VIN in there, and browse through the body parts section. I think there are a few other OEM Ford suppliers online as well. I've found it difficult sometimes to figure out what specific parts are named, but you can usually get a good idea from the pictures. Would be a good comparison of price vs. Tasca as well, but I think he's usually cheaper than other sources.

Good luck,
-Matt

Last edited by Fatmattyd; 01-25-2012 at 08:17 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 01-25-2012, 07:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look in the classifieds section. Someone had a Harley frt bumper for sale a while back. It says in the post that it's silver but after speaking to him he said it was black.

Quick Reply: Fender bender and need help finding parts for an FX