Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Family friendly exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 09:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Family friendly exhaust

I am looking for a family friendly exhaust for the 5.0. I have found some clips on youtube, but most of the exhausts are wayyyy too loud for what i'm looking for. I did find a clip of a guy that left the resonator on and went with a magnaflow single in dual out muffler. It sounds really good and I think this is the direction I will be going. Has anyone else tried a similar setup or have any other ideas?

Here is the setup I'm talking about.

The following users liked this post:
JS_F150 (10-09-2012)
Old 10-09-2012, 10:09 AM
SilverBullet

Received 120 Likes on 97 Posts

Look up dynomax vt
Old 10-09-2012, 10:17 AM
Beer Gut Extraordinaire

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,317 Posts

Magnaflow is LOUD even with the resonator. If you're looking for no drone...Magnaflow is WAY out. It's quiet at highway speeds but even light acceleration and it washes out your radio and conversations.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:21 AM
Noob

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Thats what I had done on my truck. They used a flowmaster. It sounds good without being annoying. I wanted it to sound good and still be able to enjoy my music.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:39 AM

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by HardcoreFXFour
Magnaflow is LOUD even with the resonator. If you're looking for no drone...Magnaflow is WAY out. It's quiet at highway speeds but even light acceleration and it washes out your radio and conversations.
Do you have Magnaflow? I have a Magnaflow and disagree. It is only loud when you push the accelerator more than half way... And it sounds great! At more mild acceleration it is audible, but not loud. At highway or cruise, it is quite.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:53 AM

Received 398 Likes on 344 Posts

my magnaflow has no drone at all. it did on my 09. but on my 2011 with the resonator nothing. i just drove 18 hours straight to nova scotia and back and it was great. Even on all the hills in newbrunswick. You won't be dissapointed.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by HardcoreFXFour

Really? I didn't notice any drone at all on the video and at highway speeds the exhaust wasn't even noticeable at all. BUT that is just a video. I wish someone in my area had a similar setup so I could take a ride with them and see for myself.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:08 AM

Captain22 and ns_redneck, this is more what I was guessing just going off of the video. And just to make sure, from what I have read a catback isn't going to offer any power or MPG gains will it? I have had people claim it did, but I think they may be just wishing.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Garoutte78
Thats what I had done on my truck. They used a flowmaster. It sounds good without being annoying. I wanted it to sound good and still be able to enjoy my music.
That is exactly what I am going for. I want it to have a deeper sound to it, but not be annoying at highway speeds. Is there any possible way you could take a video of your setup?
Old 10-09-2012, 12:05 PM

Received 398 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by txfan
Captain22 and ns_redneck, this is more what I was guessing just going off of the video. And just to make sure, from what I have read a catback isn't going to offer any power or MPG gains will it? I have had people claim it did, but I think they may be just wishing.
no i didn't notice any gains in power or mpg. mabey if you get a C.A.I. with the programmer to go with it. But not just the exhaust. i run an exhaust shop and haven't had any complaints on the magnaflow. i do mostly big rigs, But the few i put on pickups people seem to like. i did a flowmaster that the guy said had alot of drone, But ther are differnnt types of flowmaster mufflers that are suppost to be better.

Quick Reply: Family friendly exhaust