Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory Remote Start Input Wire

Old 06-09-2013, 02:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Factory Remote Start Input Wire

On a 2011 F150 with factory remote start does anyone know if it has an input wire of some sort that can be tapped into so I can give it a start signal from an aftermarket unit.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:07 PM

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

I can tell you that if a 2011 did not come with remote start to add the Ford one you just have to hook up ONE wire to get remote start on it so I would think you can. Search remote start on here & look at the installation instructions for the 100 series. I bet the one that comes standard is the exact same unit. If that is the case look behind your glovebox for a thin long black box that has one wire that connects to the TPMS box. I believe that to be the remote reciever & if you applied a signal from the ONE wire running from the remote receiver to the TPMS box you would have it. WHat that signal is I am not sure.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bryce919er
I can tell you that if a 2011 did not come with remote start to add the Ford one you just have to hook up ONE wire to get remote start on it so I would think you can. Search remote start on here & look at the installation instructions for the 100 series. I bet the one that comes standard is the exact same unit. If that is the case look behind your glovebox for a thin long black box that has one wire that connects to the TPMS box. I believe that to be the remote reciever & if you applied a signal from the ONE wire running from the remote receiver to the TPMS box you would have it. WHat that signal is I am not sure.
I already have factory remote start but I'm trying to see if there is a way to get it to turn on from an aftermarket unit. That's why I'm looking for a wire that sends the signal to tap into that wire and send it the signal from a different source
Old 06-09-2013, 11:36 PM

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

Thats what I told you.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:23 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by moerod
I already have factory remote start but I'm trying to see if there is a way to get it to turn on from an aftermarket unit. That's why I'm looking for a wire that sends the signal to tap into that wire and send it the signal from a different source
Lets see if I understand this correctly ---------- you already have a factory remote starter.

You want to install an aftermarket starter but ---- don't want to bother with having to install a transponder bypass kit --- cut and splice the dozen other wires ---- fiddle around with getting the accessories working properly , etc.

You may be thinking to somehow interface the aftermarket unit with the factory rss to avoide all the above.

If that's correct ---- The short of the long answer would be --- no!!
Old 06-10-2013, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by golfer
Lets see if I understand this correctly ---------- you already have a factory remote starter.

You want to install an aftermarket starter but ---- don't want to bother with having to install a transponder bypass kit --- cut and splice the dozen other wires ---- fiddle around with getting the accessories working properly , etc.

You may be thinking to somehow interface the aftermarket unit with the factory rss to avoide all the above.

If that's correct ---- The short of the long answer would be --- no!!
Not exactly but I'll explain later

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Factory Remote Start Input Wire