Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F150LEDS.com Mark II Fog Light Install and Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 08:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default F150LEDS.com Mark II Fog Light Install and Review

I recently picked up from F150LEDS.com the new-and-improved Mark II fog lights for my 2012 F-150. Attached to this e-mail is a PDF report on installing the lights as well as my opinion of the lights.

I am very happy with the look of the lights. I had expectations of the LEDs being brighter on the road than the halogens, which was not the case and was kind of disappointing.

F150LEDs service was great. I was looking for information before purchasing and could not find a phone number on the website, which made me a bit skeptical. But I ended up e-mailing them and they were very quick to respond. Shipping time was also very short and the product arrived in great shape ready to be installed on the truck.

Last edited by hockeyguy21; 08-31-2015 at 09:03 AM.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:15 AM

Received 197 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by hockeyguy21
I recently picked up from F150LEDS.com the new-and-improved Mark II fog lights for my 2012 F-150. Attached to this e-mail is a PDF report on installing the lights as well as my opinion of the lights.

I am very happy with the look of the lights. I had expectations of the LEDs being brighter on the road than the halogens, which was not the case and was kind of disappointing.

F150LEDs service was great. I was looking for information before purchasing and could not find a phone number on the website, which made me a bit skeptical. But I ended up e-mailing them and they were very quick to respond. Shipping time was also very short and the product arrived in great shape ready to be installed on the truck.
Great write up but those lights look weak.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:47 AM

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Here's the thing...I got LEDs with similar (sub-standard) output from Aliexpress for under $6....shipped. Look to be the exact build quality, as well.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:07 PM

Received 136 Likes on 119 Posts

This is the perfect example of the LED not having as focused of a beam as the standard bulb. The parabolic reflector would have to be re-designed to confine the LED's output and condense the beam into a more usable light. Now, as you can see, the light is just all over the place and not much use for anything.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LSchicago
Great write up but those lights look weak.
That is the only negative about them, I feel they are the right color just not enough light actually makes it to the road its too scattered.

Originally Posted by FL5OVE
Here's the thing...I got LEDs with similar (sub-standard) output from Aliexpress for under $6....shipped. Look to be the exact build quality, as well.
Very nice on the price, I know at the time I received these from F150 LEDS they told me they would be a little more expensive than the Mark I lights.

Originally Posted by RogueGT
This is the perfect example of the LED not having as focused of a beam as the standard bulb. The parabolic reflector would have to be re-designed to confine the LED's output and condense the beam into a more usable light. Now, as you can see, the light is just all over the place and not much use for anything.
I agree, if you look at the halogen bulb picture with the factory bulbs vs. the new LEDS, the LEDs do project light further down the road but the output where it matters is not enough. It is lacking drastically.

On the positive side, the light color matches my Lifetime LED headlights, which have beyond fantastic output.

Quick Reply: F150LEDS.com Mark II Fog Light Install and Review