Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F150 shelters 4 from Oklahoma tornado...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 12:48 PM

Received 251 Likes on 137 Posts

Default F150 shelters 4 from Oklahoma tornado...

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/...ntcmp=features
Old 06-07-2013, 12:59 PM

Received 482 Likes on 304 Posts

I would have thought that 'baseball sized hail' would leave some dents in the hood.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:29 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Built FORD tough!
Old 06-07-2013, 03:47 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I must say that these trucks really hold up well. Almost two weeks ago, a tornado missed our house by less than a mile. While driving home to seek shelter, I was hauling butt from work and as I was getting closer to home, all I could her were loud thumps on the roof of the truck. To my surprise, there were no dents from that hail storm.

With this crazy weather we've been having these past two months, I'm really surprised my truck hasn't sustained any hail damage, especially from last Friday's heavy wind and hail. Now my wife's Enclave, that thing has hail dents all over it. You sneeze on her car and dents will show up....
Old 06-07-2013, 11:49 PM
THUNDER UP!

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Bimmer Ese
I must say that these trucks really hold up well. Almost two weeks ago, a tornado missed our house by less than a mile. While driving home to seek shelter, I was hauling butt from work and as I was getting closer to home, all I could her were loud thumps on the roof of the truck. To my surprise, there were no dents from that hail storm.

With this crazy weather we've been having these past two months, I'm really surprised my truck hasn't sustained any hail damage, especially from last Friday's heavy wind and hail. Now my wife's Enclave, that thing has hail dents all over it. You sneeze on her car and dents will show up....
Funny you mention that. I was on the phone with my mom this afternoon and told her the same exact thing. I'm extremely surprised my truck hasn't seen some type of hail damage.

When that last tornado in El Reno was approaching the OKC metro with 'grapefruit' size hail, I just kept thinking that my luck had ran out and it was going to get nailed. I searched it the next morning and multiple times since then- high and low and not a single dime size dent can be found.

Quick Reply: F150 shelters 4 from Oklahoma tornado...