Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F150 lifts install/review

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 11:03 PM

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

Default F150 lifts install/review

For the past couple of months I've been mulling around with the ideas of installing a lift or upgrading my coilovers due to wanting more then my 2" spacer lift and after doing a lot of research and looking into what my needs were I ruled out the lift and went with F150 lifts Bilstein adjustable coilovers ultimate package. I've had a lift on every vehicle I've ever owned and it was time to do something different. From the start Alex has been a pleasure to deal with and after having this kit for 2 weeks I finally had a chance to install it today.

Please excuse the dirty truck... hunting season!!! and sorry for the big pictures

A little history on my truck. I've had a 2" spacer lift since the week I purchased my truck. Anybody that has put on one of these kits knows how much of a PITA they can be installing!!!! Lets just say the coilovers are a LOT easier to get out then put in.
Here is a pic of my stock coilovers with the spacer vs the Bilstein adjustable

Hmmm look at the length difference. Yep that got me concerned so off to call Alex and after a brief talk he assured me they were fine, I hadn't even thought about them being a heavier rated spring then the stock one
Installation was a breeze compared to the spacers !!!!!!

The front was all buttoned up and Alex was right on, I gained exaclty 1" over what I previously had

The rear was all self explanatory, I had painted the blocks and U bolts black, just didint want that shiny new metal sticking out like a sore thumb

So with all and all I probably had about 3 hrs total installing all this by myself. I'd rate this at about a 6.5 and anyone with a mechanical background can do this their self. It really is that easy.
For all those that are always wanting to see the angles here are some pics for you. They are no worse then the angles I had from my spacer lift

stock rear block vs. 2" block

my truck has always sit lower in the rear then the front and I had concerns with the 2" block not being enough and it wasn't. Not blaming anyone on this as it was no ones fault. Not every truck is gonna end up the same and thats understandable. I'm gonna look into a 3" block and that will have me almost perfect. Maybe Alex will look into adding some height options for the rear
Here are the numbers I got from before and after from the center fender
Front L before-40 3/4" after- 41 3/4"
Front R before-41" after-41 3/4"
Rear L before-39 3/4" after-41"
Rear R before-39 3/4" after-41"

So after getting everything back together it was time for a drive. Only had a short time to get to ride in it but all I can say is I'm impressed!! Rides definitely better then what I had with the spacers up front and the rear is not the slightest bit bouncy anymore. The truck overall rides and drives better in my opinion, honestly it should've came this way from the factory! All four wheels are planted now and its not as mushy as it was before. Potholes just get soaked up. Once I get some more time on it I will come back and update it again. Can't wait to get it off the pavement!!

Alex and F150 lifts have hit a home run with this package!! Sure there are better kits more suited for the serious offroaders but this kit suits MY needs and what I expect from my truck and I'm totally happy with it!!!

Last edited by JRW28; 01-10-2014 at 01:14 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by JRW28:
bilinvic Retrofits (01-10-2014), HaloLifts (01-10-2014), ThatBlue4x4 (01-14-2014)
Old 01-09-2014, 11:42 PM

Received 539 Likes on 334 Posts

That truck looks awesome, you should be very proud of it. Maybe I missed it somewhere, but what wheels are those, and about how much can a guy expect to pay for those front shocks?
The following users liked this post:
JRW28 (01-09-2014)
Old 01-09-2014, 11:46 PM
Engimaneer

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Looks good! Got any measurements on where you're sitting now?
JRW28 (01-09-2014)
Old 01-09-2014, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Ride
That truck looks awesome, you should be very proud of it. Maybe I missed it somewhere, but what wheels are those, and about how much can a guy expect to pay for those front shocks?
Wheels are Dick Cepek GM7 20". Check out F150lifts.com for pricing. They have been running some specials.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by ScottyBoost
Looks good! Got any measurements on where you're sitting now?
Before and after measurements are above the rear blocks pic
Old 01-10-2014, 12:03 AM
Engimaneer

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JRW28
Before and after measurements are above the rear blocks pic
Oh damn my mistake, don't know how I missed those. With a 3" rear block I'm sitting right at 40 3/4" with stock tire size, so I'd agree 3" will be right on the money for you too!

Last edited by ScottyBoost; 01-10-2014 at 12:27 AM.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:10 AM

Received 122 Likes on 100 Posts

Truck looks good! Nice write up, glad to see someone else post up their experience with the f150lifts kit. Wait til they settle for a few days. Rides even better after that. Just for reference do you have any before shots of the angles with the spacer? Also it's good to see the comparison of the coilovers side by side so people can see the lift can be achieved without the longer shock. This kit is in fact different then just a spacer lift.
HaloLifts (01-10-2014)
Old 01-10-2014, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by ScottyBoost
Oh damn my mistake, don't know how I missed those. With a 3" rear block I'm sitting right at 41 3/4" with stock tire size, so I'd agree 3" will be right on the money for you too!
No problem it is kind of hidden LoL....yeah the 3" should be right on the money for me
Old 01-10-2014, 12:11 AM

Received 539 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by JRW28
Wheels are Dick Cepek GM7 20". Check out F150lifts.com for pricing. They have been running some specials.
Thanks!
Old 01-10-2014, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by XLTinSD
Truck looks good! Nice write up, glad to see someone else post up their experience with the f150lifts kit. Wait til they settle for a few days. Rides even better after that. Just for reference do you have any before shots of the angles with the spacer? Also it's good to see the comparison of the coilovers side by side so people can see the lift can be achieved without the longer shock. This kit is in fact different then just a spacer lift.
Thanks and Alex has been nothing but a pleasure to deal with! Actually I did not get any shots of them before hand....I got in the zone and went to taking everything off before I even realized I hadn't. Yea even after talking to Alex I still was a little doubtful but the proof is there and if I hadn't seen it I'd never believed it!!
HaloLifts (01-10-2014)

Quick Reply: F150 lifts install/review