Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extang Solid Fold Tonneau cover installed and a short review:

Old 11-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Retired and loving it!

Received 536 Likes on 398 Posts

Default Extang Solid Fold Tonneau cover installed and a short review:

I decided on the Extang Solid Fold for ease of installation -- and I was right on THAT point. Literally take it out of the box, set it on the truck, tighten two clamps at the front, and you are DONE! I also got a great price -- $719 with free delivery. That beat my local price (with tax) by nearly $170.
Takes longer to get it out of the delivery box than it does to install it. I put a very bright flashlight in the bed after install and there is NO light escaping anywhere --- it fits perfectly, and I am very pleased with the quality, ease of installation and the fit:

Last edited by Adobe2X; 11-02-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have owned the same cover for a year now. i drilled two screws behind the screw downs. the cover will slowly move backwards. the screws will give the screw downs some thing to stop at so it will not slide backwards. other than that, it is great. mine still looks new, but if you put stuff on it and abuse it, the paint will soon wear off. i know two other people with the solid fold and theirs looks like crap.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Retired and loving it!

Well that's good to know, I guess. I don't plan on ever putting anything on top of the cover as that's not what it is for...You could easily take it somewhere and have the top paint redone as long as there are no dents....Any solid aluminum cover is going to deteriorate when you use it to carry things on.....

Originally Posted by two wheel
i have owned the same cover for a year now. i drilled two screws behind the screw downs. the cover will slowly move backwards. the screws will give the screw downs some thing to stop at so it will not slide backwards. other than that, it is great. mine still looks new, but if you put stuff on it and abuse it, the paint will soon wear off. i know two other people with the solid fold and theirs looks like crap.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:27 AM

just installed the solid fold on my 2010 F-150....really happy with it, but the tailgate is tight to open up.....the cover actually lifts a bit as the gate is opening....is this normal as a result of the tight seal???
thanks for any replies mark
Old 11-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by mcskinner
just installed the solid fold on my 2010 F-150....really happy with it, but the tailgate is tight to open up.....the cover actually lifts a bit as the gate is opening....is this normal as a result of the tight seal???
thanks for any replies mark
Yes, mine does the same thing when I slam the tail gate. I figure that is what that double seal on the end is for. I don't think that momentary lift is going to hurt anything, and I love the way it seals.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:15 AM

thanks!
yeah, mine seems to close fine.....its just when i open it,
all in all i'm really happy with it

mark
Old 11-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Okie Coupe

Received 209 Likes on 172 Posts

I like the A.R.E. cover myself.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Retired and loving it!

Yes, on white that covers looks GREAT....on mine, I think that the contrast between the Sterling Grey and the black looks (almost) as good as yours.....and, does yours fold up? That was a feature that I really wanted.....
Old 11-14-2010, 06:27 PM
Rok

Received 142 Likes on 98 Posts

glad you like it. This is the one i am looking t getting eventually!
Old 11-14-2010, 07:12 PM
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by Rok
glad you like it. This is the one i am looking t getting eventually!
Yes, seems to be very high quality and the ease of install is something to behold!! Put it on the truck, make sure its straight, tighten two clamps and you are DONE....literally takes about 5 minutes max...........which is also going to be nice if there ever comes a time you need to take it off and put it back on.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Extang Solid Fold Tonneau cover installed and a short review: