Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Exhaust 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 11:09 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Which Exhaust 5.0

I've been reading a lot of posts on here but I'm still not sure which way to go. I know I want more rumble and duals out the back, I want a bolt on kit so I'm not taking it to an exhaust shop. Was set on magnaflow but on their site it says you must remove the spare tire which I dont want to do. Was also thinking flowmaster but a lot of complaints of drone and I dont want that for trips with kids trying to sleep in the truck. Borla is out of the price range so I currently have it narrowed down to the full stainless MBRP kit or maybe gibson. Neither I have seen or heard on the new 5.0 and actually gibson doesnt list one for the new 5.0 but everyone else seems to be using the same part numbers as the 09-10s so I hope it would bolt up. Any opinions on either? Drone? Good rumble to them? Any input would be nice!
Old 09-26-2011, 11:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bowlergt
I've been reading a lot of posts on here but I'm still not sure which way to go. I know I want more rumble and duals out the back, I want a bolt on kit so I'm not taking it to an exhaust shop. Was set on magnaflow but on their site it says you must remove the spare tire which I dont want to do. Was also thinking flowmaster but a lot of complaints of drone and I dont want that for trips with kids trying to sleep in the truck. Borla is out of the price range so I currently have it narrowed down to the full stainless MBRP kit or maybe gibson. Neither I have seen or heard on the new 5.0 and actually gibson doesnt list one for the new 5.0 but everyone else seems to be using the same part numbers as the 09-10s so I hope it would bolt up. Any opinions on either? Drone? Good rumble to them? Any input would be nice!
I tried Cherry Bomb Vortex, then Magnaflow and now ordered a Spintech. I like to hear the rumble at low speeds, but I don't like the annoying sound my Magnaflow now makes at highway speeds. I got rid of the resonator and had the shop put in a 3" pipe between the muffler and the engine. If you don't want to hear drone at cruising speeds, go for a longer/bigger muffler. My current Magnaflow is 18" long and it's too noisy for my taste. The new Spintech Part # 8441 is 4" by 10.5" by 20" and has 3" inlet and outlet (both centered).

From the Spintech website:
"... Developed to give you the performance you want, without sacrificing interior comfort you enjoy. Has a great sound under acceleration, yet at highway speeds you hardly hear it..."
Old 09-27-2011, 02:33 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Well last night I ordered the MBRP dual exhaust for my 5.0 autoanything had a $50 off special so I decided to try it. Will try to get a video after it gets here and I put it on.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:32 PM

Received 98 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by bowlergt
Well last night I ordered the MBRP dual exhaust for my 5.0 autoanything had a $50 off special so I decided to try it. Will try to get a video after it gets here and I put it on.
Can I ask how you like it? Do you get the do series? I a considering a dual exit Mbrp too on my 5.0. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Which Exhaust 5.0